17

Early the next morning, Evie has us all up and getting ready with outfits that she's been working on since she heard about the Coronation.

My dress in particular is red with a sheer black over it, spaghetti straps and a slit going my leg perfect to allow my own addition of a leg strap and of course my knives. Just hidden enough to not raise suspicions. Evie made me puts my hair up in a ridiculous bun and some curls and the last addition of red lipstick of course.

My vampire self is back and I was very much expecting to be around many many people with tasty blood running through their veins. So I made haste to get to Ben's quarters, before we have to be up on the front lines.

My hand knocks several times on his large double doors and I wait patiently for him to answer. The door flies open and Ben stands there in a traditional uniform of the colors blue and yellow. His blue eyes shine as he stares at me. From my head to my toes. I put my hands together awkwardly.

"Wow looking nice Benny Bear," I joke and he laughs looking himself over. "Mind if I come in?"

He lets me and shuts the door and before I could get far he pulls me back by my wrists and before I could get a sound out he smashes his pink lips to my red stained lips. My eyes flutter closed and he holds me up as melt into him. This is wrong, let go. The warning goes off in my head am I swiftly separate myself from him. He opens his eyes with a smothering smile.

"What was that for?"

"You look absolutely stunning today," he exclaims and surprises me with another kiss on my cheek, then he tries for more but I laugh and push him back.

"Why, thank you kind sir. But before you get too close to me, mind you I need.." I was interrupted when he starts pulling me to a table and gives me that same water bottle from before. My cheeks burn, my stomach gurgles, and my head had a million bursting alarms going off. I'm a terrible person.

"I know by now to have it ready for you." Not trusting my words I nod with a small smile. "Alright let's go. Can't be late to my own Coronation."

About a half hour later we are direct to the carriage and we sit on the elegantly designed white carriage, pulled by a beautiful white horse. Blue and yellow flowers covering the front and back of the design. We could hear the sounds of many people, ready to see our arrival. Nerves turn up and down throughout my body. My eyes cast down as we take off. Mal gave me this blue gift box with his anti love potion inside.

"Don't be nervous. All you gotta do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there," Ben tells me, sensing my mood being off. I roll my eyes as he grabs my hand.

"You're a terrible flirt," I joke and he laughs. His happy mood radiates all around him. My ears sting with the cheers of the crowd as we ride through, but I focus on him and myself.

"El. Would you wear my ring?" He asks surprising me. I bite my lip. He's gotten to close. I don't know how to do this. His blue eyes pierce my dark soul waiting for an answer. Ben frowns when I take my hand back to put some distance between us.

"Um, not now. You should probably wear it for luck so you don't fall or something," I try to come up with the least hurtful answer. He looks down his smile falling slightly making me want to die. Again. "I have something for you."

I give him the royal blue box so he could see. He opens it to reveal a tiny cupcake. It's cute. Mal's actually a great baker. "It's just to give strength for later. Some sugar to keep up your energy."

"Always thinking. But I can't wait," he insisted and takes a quick bite before I could think anything of it. Shit!

"Wait-wait," I try to say as he obnoxiously chomps down on it. At least in my eyes anyway. Great. Plan ruined everybody. Go home.