XIV- Us vs. The World.

Monday- 9:30 AM

"What the fuck?", August grumbles as his phone blows up continuously. "Oh shit.", he says picking his phone up and looking at his notifications then back at Kennedy while she sleeps.

August's POV

Found out what the sound was in the bushes last night, paparazzi. TMZ, to be exact. My relationship is out there for the world to know and we've only been together for two days. I'm pissed, not even gonna lie to you. I'm proud to have Ken as my girl, but I wanted that shit to be known on our terms.

When Ken Wakes Up

"Mmmm.", she moans while stretching. "Morning baby.", he says. "Morning.", she says wrapping her arms around him and kissing his back while he continues to look at his phone. "What's wrong babe?", she asks. "Let's just say, our relationship isn't ours anymore.", he says sighing.

"You mean everyone knows?", she asks as he nods in response. "Shit.", she says reaching back to grab her phone and looking at her notifications. "I'm surprised my mom even knows- my brother. Big mouth having ass bitch. I don't even have time for this shit, I gotta get ready for work.", she says getting out of bed.

"You okay baby?", August asks hugging her from behind as she finishes her hair. "To be honest, no I'm not. We haven't even been together for a week before everyone found out. It's disrespectful as fuck.", she says turning around and sitting on the sink. "Agreed. Like I wasn't planning on keeping us a secret forever, but at this point when we're just starting out? It's nobody's fucking business.", he says.

"Exactly, I wanted us to be out there for the world to know when we were ready. How the fuck are we gonna be ready when we haven't been together for no more than two days? Niggas do entirely too fucking much.", she says rolling her eyes.

"You look cute when you're mad.", August says standing between her legs. "Not the time Anthony.", she says smiling and wrapping her arms around his neck. "You do though, plus you have a slight accent that comes out. It's sexy as fuck.", he chuckles. "I have an accent?", she asks. "Yeah, it's there.", he says.

"You notice a lot of shit about me that I don't even notice about myself.", she says raising her eyebrow. "Who would I be if I didn't know my girl inside and out, hm? You gotta go before you're late though.", he says walking out of the bathroom. "You're right.", she says hopping off the sink.

"Here.", he says tossing his keys to her. "The keys to your car?", she asks catching them. "Yeah. The windows are tinted and it's non-destructible, wanna make sure you're safe.", he says. "Thank you baby, I'll see you when I get back.", she says leaning up and kissing him. "Mm, Mm!", he hums pecking her lips before pulling away. "Bye big daddy.", she says winking and walking out the garage door. "Bye lil booty.", he says smiling.

When Ken Gets to Work

"Now I have to get used to this. Hoodie and shades combo, love to see it.", Kennedy says pulling her hood up and putting her shades down then getting out of the car.

"Love ain't ever been so close, but so far away. Like your mind is telling you to just back off, but your heart says just stay.", Kennedy sings along to 'Down For You' by Kehlani until a phone call cuts the music off, and she scoffs noticing it's her mother calling. "Hi Mom.", she says with an attitude and rolling her eyes. "Well hello to you too Kennedy.", her mother says. "What do you need Robin?", she asks.

"Oh I don't know, just why you didn't tell me you were dating a fucking celebrity?", she says. "Because it's none of your business?", she says sitting down. "I'm your mother, Kennedy. Show some respect.", she says. "Being my mother never mattered to you before, so why does it now? Oh, I know it's because you want money. That's all I am you is a fucking walking ATM. You do have other kids, you know.", she says.

Robin Banks, Kennedy's Mother

Kennedy
As you can see, me and my mother don't have a good relationship, and we never have. Father wasn't in my life, so that doesn't help. I was the black sheep of the family growing up. Never got as much attention as my brothers growing up, I was practically invisible in the Banks Household. Now that I'm the breadwinner of the family, well you know the rest. I don't talk about my family much, so I don't say anything about them unless I'm asked. Quite frankly, me and August don't talk about our families so it's not anything big that I'm keeping from him.

"Don't do that.", Robin says. "Do what? Tell the truth? Anyways, Peyton & I broke up and I'm dating August now. Now how much am I sending?", she asks rolling her eyes. "... The same as last time.", she says sighing. "Got it, goodbye.", she says hanging up the phone and tossing it on her vanity and sighing.

-

"Aren't you the girl dating August Alsina?", a random girl asks making Kennedy slightly roll her eyes because she's the billionth person who has asked her that question today. "Yeah, I am.", Kennedy says looking at the girl. "Girl you are so lucky, he is so fine.", she says smiling.

Kennedy
That's that type of shit that get hoes ass whooped in the streets, that shit right there. *In my baby's voice haha*

"I'm not lucky, I'm blessed. Also, I know. Thanks for the reminder.", she says as he phone rings and she smiles seeing that it's August. "Hey babe.", she says answering the phone and walking outside. "Hey, you all good down there?", he asks.

"Aside from me having to hold back from beating about five bitches asses, I'm great.", Kennedy says smiling making August laugh. "Why you about to beat bitches asses bae?", he asks. "They being disrespectful as fuck August. They ask me am I dating you, I say yes, then they proceed to tell me how fine you are and shit.", she says.

"Who's my girl at the end of the day, though?", August asks. "Me.", she says smiling. "Exactly, what they saying don't matter so don't let it get to you.", August says.

- What y'all think about Ken's mom?