Slide.

Could you whisper in my ear
The things you wanna feel
I'll give you anything.

- Slide, The Goo Goo Dolls.

......................................................

If there was one definite perk to being Quidditch Captain, it was the Prefect's bathroom.

A huge, white marble room, with a bath tub the size of a swimming pool carved out of the floor. Hundreds of taps lined one side of it, each dispensing a different kind of colored, scented water that put three feet of foamy bubbles on the surface.

Quidditch practice had been exhausting, and Stiles had returned to the castle wet, muddy, and chilled to his bones. Scott and Danny had hit the showers, and he had opted for the Taj Mahal of bathrooms; the one that was only open to Prefects and Captains.

His robes were so weighed down with water and muck that it took him a solid minute to wriggle out of them. The portrait of the mermaid girl on the far wall giggled at him, like always.

His mud-caked robes hit the polished floor with an echoing slap, and Stiles sank below the cover of multicolored bubbles thankfully, feeling the almost-too-hot water loosen up his frozen joints. It had been a good practice, and despite his body protesting against the hard work and bitter weather, a feeling of elation and satisfaction filled him.

Even Danny was playing much better lately. After his encounter with Malia, his self confidence was the highest it had ever been, and it seemed to be applicable to the Quidditch pitch as well.

Maybe Malia will start liking Danny, he thought hopefully. His mind was hazy with the scented steam and tiredness that clouded his eyesight. Maybe then, Lydia...

He found himself in a place between sleep and waking, where his thoughts wandered around the room like phantom dancers, swirling and weaving around each other, a semi transparent, rainbow blur.

There was Lydia, pressed against the wall of the corridor by his hands, breathless and flushed. Then there was Malia, in the exact same scenario. His heart stopped racing.

Lydia found her way into his head again, laughing and holding his hand. It was so simple, such an innocent image, but it made his cheeks glow and his breathing quicken. How strange - to want someone that badly.

Then she disappeared and reappeared, this time in a much less innocent setting. They were in one of the school's many broom closets, a tiny stone room that seemed to trap in the cold. Stiles didn't feel it - or maybe it was because it wasn't real. He wanted it to be real. Because she was there, and she was kissing him, and she was so beautiful it made his chest ache.

And it got worse, when Lydia's hands left his hair to find the hem of her shirt, tugging it over her head and tossing it over her shoulder. Stiles froze, staring at her chest in stunned disbelief. There was a lot of lace...red lace. Really, really, really red lace. She looked up nervously, and Stiles crushed his lips back onto hers.

The illusion fell away, leaving the real Stiles an utter mess. He shook his head as if to clear it, ducking under the surface of the water, surrounding himself in silence that burned his skin. He stayed under until he felt like his lungs were about to cave in, before pushing off the bottom of the massive bath tub.

He gasped for air when he hit the surface, the splash he made amplified by the stone room.

Someone screamed. There was water in his eyes, and he could barely see without his glasses, but Stiles could make out the unmistakable flaming hair of Lydia Martin. He swam to the edge of the tub as fast as he could, yanking on his glasses quickly. He blinked. A very almost-naked Lydia Martin.