Is There Somewhere?

I'm trying not to let it show, that I don't wanna let this go.
Is there somewhere you can meet me?

- Is There Somewhere, Halsey.

........................................

Lydia knew a lot about invisibility cloaks, more than most people, but she had never experienced what it was like to be under one, sharing body heat and silent laughter with a boy who had managed to get her completely wrapped around his finger in a matter of days.

He had been so cryptic, saying that he would explain when they got there, and taking her hand as if to reassure himself that she was right behind him, the two of them making next to no noise as the crept out of the library, Lydia's books abandoned on the table, fuelled by nerves and anticipation.

It was the first time they had been forced into sharing the same space, which did nothing to keep Lydia's thoughts off all of the times in the past week she had wanted, needed him closer.

She was on edge, riled up and slightly anxious, but Stiles' arm circled her waist and pressed their bodies together, and she lost track of whereabouts in the labyrinth of the castle they were, too preoccupied with remembering the feeling of his hands on her skin to really care.

.

.

.

The sun had barely set, and the wind that whipped a pink flush into Malia's cheeks was bitterly cold, so much so that she decided that Kira would indefinitely have to pay for this.

She was where her note said she would be, perched on the roof of Gryffindor Tower like an exceptionally pretty gargoyle, all shadows and hair like black ice. Malia did her best to ignore the Quidditch robe that Kira had wrapped around her small frame, because she knew without looking that the name on the back would read MCCALL, and that caused a twist in her gut that she didn't quite know what to do with.

"You," Malia began before she had landed her (admittedly, stolen) broom, "are completely mental." She stood in front of her friend, arms crossed, attempting to keep her scowl in place as Kira beamed up at her.

"Bit fresh, isn't it, Mal?" She was still grinning like a carnival clown, and Malia hoped her reaction to the rare nickname hadn't been too visible. She was determined to keep her unimpressed demeanor for at least a little while longer.

"A bit," she said dryly. "Just a bit."

"Oh please." Kira rolled her eyes, leaning back on her elbows to look at the cloud-obscured stars that were slowly appearing in the darkening sky. "It'll only get colder, and you know it. So quit pouting and sit down."

Malia made a sound of annoyance that fell somewhere between a growl and a laugh, folding her legs carefully underneath her. "Why, may I ask, are we not inside on this charmingly freezing night?"

"Because you're the only person I know who isn't afraid of heights," the smaller girl explained airily. "And besides," she reached into the backpack at behind her, smiling secretively as she produced a slightly dusty, but apparently unopened bottle of Firewhisky. "I need someone to help me drink this."

Malia let out a low whistle, reaching out to brush the dust off the label. "Nice," she said appreciatively. "Early 1940s. Not bad, Yukimura."

Kira's smile widened to a grin. "Admit it. You're impressed."

"Maybe."

"You so are."

"A little," Malia said grudgingly. "Can we get drunk now?"

"On the side of a tower with a zillion foot drop? No."