Love Like Woe.

'Cause I got some intuition, or maybe I'm superstitious, but I think you're a pretty sweet pill that I'm swallowing down.

- Love Like Woe, The Ready Set.

......................................................

He didn't sleep that night.

The dormitory had been quiet and lifeless when Stiles had first moped in and crumpled onto his bed, but within minutes it was filled with the excited chatter of his friends, who seemed quite unaware of his sullen state.

"I'm telling you, Moony, you've found something special with that... Argent. French girls... they know things. Really, really great things." Scott sighed dreamily, leaning against one of the posts on his bed. "They have this one thing that they can do... well, let's just say that it would make even the easiest girls in this place blush."

Stiles rolled his eyes at Scott, with his presumed encyclopedia of sexual knowledge. Half of it wasn't even what he had learned first hand, but rather, what he had read or been told by older students. Regardless, he had still become a role model of sorts to boys from the younger years, and they would always come and whisper questions in his ear when they were walking to class or sitting in the Great Hall. To his credit, Scott always tried to teach them as best he could.

"Don't be vile, Padfoot. Anyway, how would you know anything about French girls?" Isaac shrugged out of one of his threadbare sweaters, looking expectantly to his friend.

Scott smirked, his long hair falling into his eyes carelessly as he examined his nails in a bored fashion.

"Don't you remember? I was originally supposed to go to Beauxbatons." He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "My... the McCalls thought that it was a more distinguished school than Hogwarts, and they had forced me to learn French when I was younger, amongst other things, of course. So we went to France for a bit when I was around ten, to have a look at the school, and they loved it there so much that they bought a villa."

"You don't mean to say... I mean, if you were ten-"

"Of course not, Wormtail. That would be disgusting. See, Moony? I'm not that vile. Wormtail's the one who needs to get his head out of the gutter." Scott winked teasingly at an uncomfortable Danny, and he visibly relaxed, reassured that Scott had only been joking.

"Anyway, over the past few summers, I've been able to sneak out and ride over there - flying, of course - and spend the night in the villa. There are some pretty wild parties in that part of the country, especially in the summer. And nobody dares to complain when a boy born of the 'Noble House of McCall' gatecrashes. The French girls... well, naturally they were tripping over themselves to accompany me back to my secluded piece of paradise. So what's a handsome blood-traitor to do?"

Scott flashed a smile that Stiles knew all too well. It was a dangerous, seductive smile; all teeth, quirked up on one side, and usually accompanied by Scott leaning against a wall like it was a compliment to the wall. That smile was the main reason that Stiles, Isaac and Danny would often have to camp out in the common room for a few hours after a party while Scott found his own entertainment.

"So," Scott concluded. "That, dear Moony, is how I know everything about French girls."

"Gross," Stiles muttered, slightly amused.