Everything Has Changed.

All I've seen, since 18 hours ago, is green eyes, and freckles and your smile.

- Everything Has Changed, Taylor Swift + Ed Sheeran.
.....................................................

He swore he was floating. He felt lighter than air, and the ridiculous grin on his face hadn't budged for hours. He was pretty sure he had been smiling even when he slept.

Lydia had kissed him. Lydia Martin, of her own accord, had kissed him. And then she had let him kiss her. She had let him kiss her until their lips were bruised and there was no telling whether he would ever forget how it felt. And he couldn't.

"Okay, what the fuck are you grinning about?" Scott glared at him over a heaped plate of bacon and sausages. "You're driving us insane. All of last night, and now today as well..."

"I'm not grinning," Stiles argued, still grinning.

"Yes you are," Danny said through a yawn. "You've been doing it for a disgustingly long time, too."

"It's a beautiful day?" Stiles tried. Scott's glare didn't drop. Isaac was paying them no attention, too busy wolfing - Stiles made a mental note to use that pun - down his breakfast so that he could spend as much time as possible with Allison before first lesson. Danny looked pointedly up at the enchanted ceiling, which was a gloomy, barely-off-white gray.

"No it's not."

"Speak for yourself, Wormtail. I happen to like this weather."

Danny's eyebrows shot up at that, and he turned to Scott. "Padfoot, is there a spell for testing to see if someone is being possessed?"

"Probably," Scott garbled around a mouthful of pumpkin juice. "Fucked if I know how to do it, though."

Danny rolled his eyes and locked his gaze on Stiles. "Prongs, you hate cloudy days. Remember?"

"I- No I don't."

"Yes you do," Isaac interjected, swinging out of his seat so fast Stiles was sure he would fall over. He didn't. Instead he shot Stiles a grin and a sneaky wink, then let his eyes slide over to the strawberry blonde a few seats away.

In that moment, Stiles was grateful for the curtain of copper hair that had been blocking him from seeing her face.

"I'll see you guys later," Stiles said hurriedly, suddenly needing to put as much distance between him and the knowing look in Isaac's eyes as humanly possible.

"You're aware we have Transfiguration in half an hour, right?" Scott raised an eyebrow at him.

"I- yeah, I know. But... I think I lost my mirror yesterday, and I wanted to go look for it."

Scott stared at him. "Please tell me you're kidding," he said blankly. At Stiles' pained look of (admittedly, fake) guilt, Scott huffed in annoyance. "Mate, those mirrors are ridiculously rare. And they're important. They've helped us pull off so much, and you've lost yours?"

"I know! I know, okay? I get it." Stiles ran a hand through his hair and let his arm flop back down with a resigned sigh. "I'll find it."

He glanced at Lydia for a split second as he left, and his entire body lit up, head to toe, burning and hot and prickly, like he had just been electrocuted. His nerves seemed to vibrate at the feeling.