Blush.

I think I'm hopeless, I think I think too much. Bruised and broken, covered up with blush.

-Blush, Title Fight.

...................................................

"What was going on with Martin in the corridor earlier?" Scott looked up from his game of exploding snap with Danny, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at Stiles.

"I dunno what you mean," replied Stiles casually. He didn't meet Scott's eyes, frantically scribbling as he tried to finish off his last-minute charms essay. The heat from the fire beside him dried the ink quickly, and disguised his pink cheeks. Stiles fought a smile at the memory.

He was always flirting with Lydia, of course, he'd had a crush on her for years, and the fact that she didn't want him only made Stiles want her more. It was only that he wasn't usually so... proactive. The moment in the hallway, as he tried to convince himself, was just that. A moment.

A moment where you very nearly tried to kiss her, Stiles thought bitterly. True, they had those kind of moments occasionally, where they would pause mid screaming match and just stare at each other for a second. Those were the moments that the possibility of kissing her hit him harder than any bludger ever had, and the only thing stopping him was knowing that she would hex him senseless if he tried anything.

But that moment in that dark alcove... she hadn't done anything when he moved closer, hadn't said anything when his gaze dropped to her lips. She hadn't objected at all. So maybe things had changed between them lately. They definitely weren't as hostile as they used to be, though Stiles was pretty certain that was caused by them spending more time around each other.

There were nights when they were the last ones in the common room, staying up until they were glassy-eyed and half asleep to finish their homework.

A while back, they had started helping each other. He would help her with Transfiguration, and she would help him with just about everything else. Stiles would sneak down to the kitchens to procure post-midnight snacks, and Lydia provided fizzy Muggle drinks that made him feel like bouncing around the room.

They would never talk about their late night study sessions the next morning, not to anyone. It was a sort of secret, but it was more than that. It was something that was just between the two them. And Stiles wanted to keep it that way.

"Prongs, we all know you're whipped," said Isaac from his armchair beside Stiles. A herbology textbook was open on his lap, but he hadn't looked at it once. Instead, his eyes were glued to the pretty girl reading in the corner, her spill of ebony hair touching her knees and falling over her face as she leant over the book in her lap.

"Says the guy drooling over her best friend," Stiles shot back, nodding towards Allison. "Grow a pair and go talk to her."

Isaac flamed red, his purple under-eye shadows standing out even more. He started stuttering and stumbling over his words, blinking furiously as he tried to compose himself.

"I-I can't... Prongs I just- Y-you don't-"

Scott rolled his eyes.

"For the love of... OI, ARGENT," he yelled across the room, causing Allison to jerk her head up abruptly, her expression a mixture of startled and apprehensive. "MOONY THINKS YOU'RE FUCKING HOT."

He grinned as the entire common room fell silent, before a chorus of excited chatter and appreciative laughs erupted. Stiles and Danny stared at Scott disbelievingly. The red in Isaac's face slowly bled out, replaced with an unhealthy, chalky white.

"I... fuck." He tried to hide behind Danny as Allison slowly closed her book and stood up, a shy smile on her lips and a pink blush on her cheeks as she made her way across the room.

"Isaac?" She peeked around Danny, her voice soft. Isaac cringed as he faced her, sure she was angry or embarrassed to have been put on the spot like that.

Strangely, her eyes held none of the fury he had been expecting, but curiosity instead. He relaxed visibly when she smiled at him, her dimples popping adorably.

"Do you really zink zat I'm 'ot, or was McCall being an ass?" She cocked her head to the side, toying with the hem of her shirt uncomfortably. Isaac stared at her, opening and closing his mouth with no sound coming out. Mute, he simply nodded, his blush returning furiously.

Allison beamed, standing on her tip-toes to press her lips to his cheek softly.

"You're cute," she told him happily, turning on her heel to sprint to her dorm room. Cheers erupted as Isaac stood dumbstruck, staring after her until she was out of sight.

"Well," Scott laughed, "that went way better than I thought it would."

Isaac and Stiles exchanged a look.

"Levicorpus," Stiles said quietly, and suddenly Scott was hanging upside down, suspended in midair by an invisible rope. He swore, thrashing wildly as Stiles smirked at his best friend's state.

"Bloody hell Prongs! I was just messing around! Lemme down would you?" Scott squirmed some more and glared at Stiles, who looked to Isaac for an answer. The other boy shook his head with a vindictive smile, and a delighted spark lit up Stiles' eyes.

"We," Stiles addressed Scott, flicking his wand up and down once so that Scott bounced violently, his long hair whipping him in the face in the process, "do not." He did it again, punctuating each word with a flick of his wand. "embarrass. each. other."

He let Scott down, giving him a minute to adjust to the dizziness before he spoke again.

"Apologize," he ordered Scott, crossing his arms over his chest. Scott glowered at him, his hair still a mess.

"Sorry, Moony," he said sulkily.

"Good," said Stiles, sitting back down with his essay. Isaac couldn't stop smiling, his cheeks still glowing pink with happiness.

The blush didn't leave for hours.

.................................................

1. Because I am entirely opposed to plagiarizing anything and everything, (Except last minute homework from Wikipedia, duh.) I will admit that "MOONY THINKS YOU'RE FUCKING HOT." was inspired by a 5sos post on instagram that features a scene a lot like this one. Don't get me wrong, it was purely an inspiration for the scene, but still, I didn't come up with it on my own, unfortunately.

2. ALLISAAC. FRICKING YES. (And yes, I do/did ship Scallison as well) (I basically ship all of the ships ever made on this show, with the exception of Stalia, Pydia and anything that involves family members fornicating. Because all of those are D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G. Especially Stalia. Abusive relationships = N-O-P-E.)