The A's in Alana ☆ Agni

Author: fifipho

Reviewer: agni_infinity

First Impressions:

I love your cover. It was simple and graceful. And if you had read my previous reviews, you would know that I don't just say that to anyone. So love the aesthetic! *chef's kiss* Really eye-catching!

As for your blurb, I really loved it too. But it kind of makes your bok seem somewhat like a cliche. Which really isn't a problem. Just putting my thoughts out there. You revealed just enough to pique my interest and so far so good. I loved how you showed who Luke is as a person and the main conflict... leading on to the what if. One thing I will add, is that on hindsight, if you are going to have a detailed synopsis, why have the detailed description of Luke as a repetition in the blurb too?

Your title is too interesting, but after reading your blurb I kind of understood what it meant. So good job on that too. I really do not understand the philosophy behind the X in your title tho, lol. Your first impression on me was really good.

First Chapter:

The chapter started out really well and continued to be interesting till the end. It was well written already working in the backstory. Alana's charectar background, Nora's charectar and introduced our boy, Luke. It was pretty good overall.

Grammar:

Your grammar is really good. Not any blaring mistakes yet! There are a few minor typos here and there, but nothing jarring!

Originality:

Your story is a cliche. There are no other words for it. Accept it. Embrace it. A well written cliche with its own twist to it, makes an unbelievingly good book. there's a reason these concepts are repeated, people love them.

Your style:

I love it. The amount of diversity in your book, just gives me pure joy. It is really rare to see asian protags in this world of caucasian books. the subtle traits of various cultures are woven in! And the wording in Mandarin just gives it a whole real vibe. Keep going!

Your charectarisation:

is perfect... I really really looked for faults... I really did. But it was good. The charectars and struggles of Alana are really shown. Her charectar is reflected in every little thing she does. The way you used show not tell to convey that Alana had self deprecatign traits was soo good. Nora was also developed in a similar way. I loved the way how Alana swears sometimes, but she doesn't. It really displays her need to be perfect and despite that she has slip ups. It makes her human.

I felt however that Luke and Reagan weren't charectarised as much. they both come off as bold charectars, but they still need depth to be added to them. I realise it is too early and you have plenty of time to do this, but I'm just pointing things out anyway.

Plot:

Honestly, your plot is pretty predictable. But that certainly does not make it any less interesting. Your flow of writing is perfect. It really keeps me scrollign to the next chapters. There are no plot holes so far! Good job! Smooth work.

Overall summary:

This has been my shortest review yet. And that is because you are pretty good. I did not have a lot to point out. Except for the fact that you have just 7 votes! Come on! You deserve way... way.. more! I love your book. Don't slack off and update regularly and just wait it out! It's gonna blow up pretty soon! I sense a lot of potential. A lot. Submit for more reviews from a variety of review shops. Enter contests. Advertise! that's it. I hope to see your book topping the hotlist someday!

PM me agni_infinity your email, so that I can send you the good read sticker! We promise to keep your identity safe!

Wishing you all the best, the fam!