Chapter 6

We immediately followed Louis, running into the pack of hysterical fans like our life depended on it. They were screaming, crying and pissing their pants as we were engulfed by urgent and alert hands covered with 1D jelly bracelets.

"Holy cow, they came! They came!" One girl yelled with wide grey eyes. She clawed at Harry, who nearly fell on his face as a young fan latched herself around his ankle. I couldn't believe that we basically threw ourselves in here and there was a chance we wouldn't be able to get out. I scream, feeling tears of pain sprout in my eyes as one of the fans grabs my hair and pushes me out the way, throwing me on the floor,

"Julia! Grab my hand!" Zayn shouted, trying to push through the thick barrier of fans who seemed to form a wall between Zayn and I. I couldn't see the others, the pain from my scalp made me dizzy as I feebly stood up on shaky legs and reached out for Zayn's hand.

Another girl next to me screamed as she snatched Zayn's hand away from my grasp. She gasped, her eyes the size of goofballs as she inspected it closely. "ZAYN MALIK REACHED HIS HAND OUT FOR ME!" she hollered out loud before fainting.

I jumped for Zayn's hand, feeling his fingers lace through mine. I hopped on his back as we ran through the enormous crowd of girls. I tried to spot out any signs that the boys were still in that torturous circle like a mop of curly brown hair or maybe even a striped shirt with suspenders.

"Zayn! Zayn! Zayn!" Niall yelled. I catch the sight of the scarlet red polo just before somebody grabs it, pulling back into the pit of desperate fans. I scream out of impulse, getting down from Zayn to run after Niall. This kinda reminded me of a scary zombie movie, where a bunch of teenagers were stupid enough to run out with no weapons to fend them off.

"No," Zayn shakes his head as he pushes me back. I give him a confused look as I step back.

"You go on with Louis and Liam, I'll get Niall and Harry real quick, okay?" Zayn said, reaching his hand out a little to clench mine before diving into the crowd.

I debated with myself for a minute before deciding not to listen to Zayn and dive in after him. I could pretend to be a fan anyway, nobody would expect that I was going after Zayn for personal reasons. I keep a eye on the tall quiff as I lunge and grab after people like the other fans were doing, occasionally letting out a squeal as I touch somebody who wasn't them.

"Julia! Save me!" Harry's voice croaks. I let him grab onto my jacket and I grab onto his collar as I guide him out of the crowd, wincing as I feel fans angrily scratch me and claw at me.

"You lucky bitch! You lucky that I already kissed him or else..."

"Grab him! The whore is trying to take him!"

I finally run out, letting go of Harry. I feel him grab onto my shoulder, limping along with me. I shoot him one of my confused looks as he leans on me, all of his body weight hauled on mine.

"A fan... s-stomped on my ankle," he stutters, pain flashing through his face for a moment before saying, "I guess out fans are a little extreme, aren't they?"

I nodded. Their fans were a bit violent and dedicated but I guess they were for all the right reasons. If I were one of them, heck, I would've taken Zayn home with me too. Wait. No, I mean Harry, right? No, not even him... I decided to focus on running, letting the cold wind kiss back my hair as I pump my legs.

I jump as I feel a warm, comforting hand on my shoulder. I look at Zayn who was running with Niall. I smiled widely, glad that they caught up with us. Liam and Louis probably got a cab ready for us and then we could escape from this scary yet exciting day.

"I thought you were already gone," Zayn teased, that smile of his playing on his face. The stubble on his cheek made me want to snuggle into his neck and let it tickle me.

"Um, guys..." Niall trailed off.

"Not now, Niall," Zayn said, looking into my eyes. I smiled serenely, entranced by those beautiful brown eyes. I've always liked brown eyes but now I'm in love with them.

"Guys..." Niall said, sounding more panicked than before.

"You have gorgeous eye," Zayn said softly, staring into my blue orbs. I blush, a little shock of how boring blue eyes could be so appealing to Zayn.

"GUYS!" Niall shouted, his Irish voice all high with hysteria. I turned...

And screamed.

Niall looked a horrible mess. His hair was knotted and had bloody patches in it. His nose was bloody and crooked and his lip was busted with a big gash in the center. He limped along with us though, even though his ankle seemed to turn in a crooked position.

Zayn ran back, letting Niall jump on his back. Niall's face was contorted in fierce pain and his head seem to loll to the side. Poor Niall, he was probably experiencing the worst at this moment...

"Just stay in there, lad," Harry chided gently. He grabbed Niall's hand, trying to get rid of the anxious look on his face as he sees that Niall's eyes has begun to droop. I run faster, wanting to see if the cab was ready so we could get Niall in quickly.

Thankfully, no one was chasing us. They were probably still ripping each other's face off, still thinking that one of the boys were still in there.

"Wait, guys..." Niall slurred slightly, his tongue rolling our his mouth as one eye popped opened. "I think I'm going..."

Please don't say puke. Please don't say puke. Zayn cringed back and so did Harry, probably thinking the same thing as me.

"...faint," Niall whimpered weakly. I watched in horror as Niall's eyes drifted closed and his mouth hung open.

This day would only get harder.