Chapter 15

Fear is a horrible thing. It's a thing that would traumatize you until the end of time and it changes who you are. I used to be Julia Swing, the girl who was quiet and shy and lonely without a true home since her parents were murdered but now, after a full two weeks of being gone, I have now became Julia Swing, the girl who is utterly broken, utterly destroyed and ruined and will never ever talk again. It seemed like the shell I had on before I was kidnapped revealed another shell, just like a raw onion.

I wonder how many shells do I have to go through until I reach my core, crying burning tears of shame.

I sighed. I was defeated.

I was worthless.

I was a quitter.

I am a mute.

I don't want to talk anymore. Those pleads of help were now stuck in my throat, my chest too heavy to lift any out. I tried to talk but I wouldn't.... I couldn't. Everytime I would, my chest would burn and my head would hang in shame. It left me to drift back to the thoughts of when I was happy and when I last laughed. It was with Zayn during the night that we lied in my bed together.

It wasnt the kind of laugh where it would just bubble out of the humor he would say but the kind of laugh where it would slowly travel out and just morph with his. It was a beautiful sound that played in my head again and again and would drift me off into sleep with my legs crunched up inside of the closet.

Every Friday, I would notice that he would have a different girl over down the basement. Their giggles and suggestive comments to each other always made me grit my teeth in agitation. It didnt help that the silver sticky tape over my mouth silenced my weak pleads. He would put music on too, to silence my kicks and thumps from the cramped closet space. By now, I was too scared to make any noise because each time those girls left, his hits would be delivered upon me.

It as scary, how much I knew about him. The fact that his mom or dad doesn't really care enough to go downstairs and check on their son was a bit sad and I couldn't help but pity on him a little bit. But I felt dread seeping into me each time the day ended. My stomach churned each time where he would open the door, send that cruel smile my way before throwing down a loaf of bread and water.

I nibbled on the bread, swallowing its soft and slight tang of wheat taste down my throat before gulping down the water quickly, knowing that I was a savage. It scared me how hollow I felt. Like I had no emotions or anything inside on me but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore and that thought scared me inside.

When I think of my parents, I thought of death and I shrug.

When I think of Zayn, I thought of care and I shake my head.

When I think of my muteness, I thought of empty and I frown.

I was... nobody. And I didn't care.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Come here."

I cried out in pain as I feel my hair being tugged harshly as I was dragged out if the closet. The feeling of sleep still settled in my body as I struggled against my captor. I look out the window that high above my reach and I realized that it was sunrise.

I kicked him as I tried crawling away, back towards my closet. My safety place. I sobbed as I felt him drag me towards him and slap me hard, the stinging making tears well in my eyes. I cried as my hands and feet fumbled around to get me away from him before I felt his heavy weight straddle me and I couldn't breath.

"Shut up!" He growled, pressing down on my wrists and I whimpered, stilling my movements but my chest rise up and down rapidly in panic. He looked at me, smiling that disgusting smile.

"You're pretty," He commented and I squinted my eyes shut as I felt his lips on mine. Bile rose in my throat and I shook my head as I started feeling the fumblings of clothes being taken off. I sobbed, shaking my head and kept on shaking it.

But He kept on going.

And that moment, I knew that I was now nothing important.