Chapter 4

"I can still hear them!" Louis exclaimed, pushing an ear to one of the tinted doorways. It was quite frightening, seeing these girls scream and holler like nobody's business but not be able to see us leaning against the doors and trying to find out a way to get out of here.

I looked around, trying to see what kind of building this place was. It was empty and dark with rare sunshine streaming throughout the big window that were blocked by wooden planks. The floor was covered in dark red carpet and there was a empty glass counter in the back. It looked like somebody was trying to build a small movie theater but quit.

"Do you have anywhere to be?" Harry asked me, kneeling down beside me. How kind. Instead of worrying about how to get the hell out of here, he was worrying about me. I shrugged, checking my phone once again. 4:40.

"Why are you so quiet? You've haven't spoken a word since we got here... is anything wrong?" Zayn asked as he sat right next to, goosebumps prickling on my left arm where he laid a hand on it. I just wanted to scream out in downright frustration, what are these crazy feelings that are making my body respond like this!?

I pointed to my mouth, shaking my head no and signifying that I don't speak. He looked at me, subtle shock flashing across his features for a second before returning to that perfect, mysterious look. I just wanted to caress his jaw and plant a kiss on it and...

I'm about to fling myself off a bridge if I say one more thing about this famous stranger.

"Wait, you don't speak?!" Louis shouted, sliding on front of us. His eyes had a dazzling curiosity in them despite his mature face. I had a feeling that immaturity was something that he would do just to stay young. I guess those were the fun kinda people who want to stay young even if they're 63. I would be that kinda of person but reality ruined my life.

I shook my head no, feeling a amused smile tug the corner of my lips as the other boys sat, clustered around me as if I was about to tell a story. But I wasn't since I couldn't talk.

"Wait, I heard that they're like, selective mutes and autistic people. Are you number one or number two?" Niall asked, his face showing intense curiosity and wonder. The boy was very cute, I admit. He reminded me of a cute penguin that you find all oily like on the Dawn commercial but you just don't want to send it back out.

I put up one finger, a blush creeping on my face as Zayn smiled. His smile was the world to me, the way he would only turn one side up instead of both sides and the small dimple on his chin would show for a second. It was the perfect smile and I could watch it all day if I had the chance.

I nearly smacked myself. Stupid Julia with her stupid feelings! You don't even know if he has a girlfriend and even if he doesn't why would he go out with a girl who can't even say her own name?

Yes. I needed those kind of thoughts that would bring me down, it would bring me closer to reality instead of having this wild dream before it got to far. I decided to shrug away from this boy who was toying with my emotions.

"So what would happen if I got you to talk, silent girl?" Zayn teased, his voice deep and hoarse as he leaned in and pressed his mouth to my ear. Tingles erupted in the hallows of my ear and I couldn't help but give a nervous giggle and a timid look at him. Was he flirting with me? I couldn't tell, I wasn't really good with boys.

"What's your name, gorgeous?" He continued, handing me a blue pen. I thought I heard Harry mutter a "flirt" but I wasn't too sure.

I gave a shy smile, watching as Zayn's eyes glazed over slightly and his smile turned a little lopsided and innocent. I wrote "Julia" on his wrist in script, adding a little heart at the end like I always do.

"Thanks..." he trailed off, looking into my eyes. It was at that moment that I completely, absolutely know that someday... whether it would be next month or even next year that I would be completely under Zayn's spell like a million other girls would be...

But was I willing for that to happen?