Part 12

Y/N's POV

It's Monday, and I needed to get back to work.

"Why did I stay up last night and chat with the boys?" I huffed out and grabbed the phone from the nightstand.

'Please send the email to the big boss ASAP. Send me the updated planning. I won't be back for today, you don't have to come to the office' was what the text from my boss read.

In a way, my lazy boss did have some benefit to me. No need to get out from the house today, yay!

"Y/N, you're awake?" Jimin's voice rang from outside the door.

"Yes, I'll be out in a few minutes" I yelled and slowly rolled out of the bed.

I assumed Jimin had already prepared some breakfast from the smell spread around the house. On my way to the kitchen, I saw my laptop on the coffee table and remembered the text sent by my boss.

I sat down on the carpet cross-legged and opened the laptop, deciding to finish the tasks he gave me first.

"You're not going to work?" Jimin asked as he handed me a mug of coffee and took a seat on the couch behind me.

"I don't have too. My boss texted me this morning, I just have to send some emails to him and big boss, and after that I'm free,"

I tied up my hair while waiting for the laptop to load. My hair wasn't that long, but I always tied it up because it would cover my eyes and became a hustle when I needed to do work.

"That's quite convenie-" Jimin's pause made me turned my eyes toward him but his eyes were directed towards my neck.

"What?"

"Uhm, maybe you should let your hair down for a few days if you're going out" he hesitantly suggested.

"Why?"

"It's still there, you know the hickey, uhm, the bruises" he pointed timidly to my neck.

Wordlessly, I got up to the bathroom to inspect my neck and discovered one spot right under my ear. I didn't realize it since I focused more on my collarbone, and rarely put up my hair when I was home.

I let my hair down and went back to the living room, where Jimin was sipping his coffee awkwardly.

Without saying anything, I sat back on the floor and tried to focus on the laptop.

"I shouldn't have told her," he whispered out and I pretended not to hear him.

We kept quiet and I finished my task around an hour later. As soon as I switched off the laptop, Jimin leaned down his body towards me.

"Are you done? Let's eat, although they must have cooled down by now," he spoke with a soft smile, and my heart thumped hard at the close distance between our faces.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't know you are waiting for me," I apologized and scooted further away from him, quickly heading to the kitchen.

He trailed behind me, bringing both of our cups from the table and placed it inside the sink.

I took out the milk out of the fridge only to be trapped by Jimin as soon as I closed the door.

He closed the distance between our bodies and my breath hitched.

"Uhm, what? What is it?" I couldn't stare back into his eyes. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest right now.

God, save me.

He inched his face closer and I couldn't help but squeezed my eyes shut, holding my breath in.

After a few second, I felt his plump lips on my forehead, making me slowly opened my eyes. He broke away a few seconds after, and we met eyes.

"Good morning," he greeted sweetly with his eye-smile and I couldn't breathe for a while. He didn't budge and I couldn't bring myself to push him away.

Is he waiting for my reply?

"G-good morning," I stuttered out nervously.

And as expected, only after I greeted him back, he pulled away from me, took the carton from my hand and walked to the dining table.

Plus, he acted like nothing happened.

Y/N, you're officially a stupid moron.

Aren't you letting him play with you too much?

I quietly but repeatedly knuckled my head when Jimin wasn't looking and glared murderously at the back of his head.

I cleared my throat and took the seat in front of the handsome boy.

"What was that about?" I asked carefully and he looked up from his plate.

"Hmm? I –" before Jimin could explain, the phone rang. My boss called asking me to run another errand for him.

Just great.

"Yes, I'll send you the photo in an hour" I waited for him to hung up first and sighed.

I grumpily ate the breakfast Jimin prepared without giving any info on the previous call.

"Your boss?"

"Yeah, I need to go out for a while. Thanks for the breakfast" I got up and went to the room to get ready.

I decided to change into jeans and just put on a bomber jacket on top of the shirt I was wearing and went to the front door where Jimin was standing.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jimin asked.

"Nah, I'm just going to the office. Do you want anything? I can stop by on the way home"

"I want to see your office. I'll drive you there, please?" he pleaded, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

I didn't know that Jimin was this persistent or just plain clingy, but I didn't dislike this part of him.

"Okay, but we're going with my car," I gave in.

"What's wrong with mine?" he asked, a bit offended I guess.

"Who told you to drive a-very-peculiar-looking-but-obviously-worth-more-than-my-house-and-I didn't-even-know-the-name-of car back home? Don't you have a more low-profile car to drive?" I lengthily asked.

He immediately gave in.