Part 5

Y/N's POV

"Just use this room for now. The bathroom's outside though. Sorry that this room doesn't have its own bathroom," I said as I showed him the room.

"Thanks, I'm just glad that I didn't have to go back to Seoul or sleep in the car tonight," he placed down his car keys on the table and looked around the room.

"Take this shirt and change. You probably didn't bring spare clothes to sleep, looking at how empty your bag is," I said as I handed him a few of men t-shirts and shorts.

He looked skeptically at the clothes and me back and forth for a few times. I rested my body on the door frame and crossed my arms, waiting for his question.

"What?" he asked first, defensively.

"What is it that you wanted to ask?" I asked back.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he raised one of his eyebrows as he asked.

"Are you asking me out?" I jokingly blurted out, fully knowing the reason behind his question.

Why did everyone assume that a girl would have a boyfriend whenever she had boy's clothes in her house?

Can't we buy and wear the t-shirt and shorts just because we like it?

The shirts were big and comfortable.

I preferred to wear the most comfortable shirt I could find to sleep rather than wearing those silky pajamas or whatsoever they usually made the heroin wore in the drama.

"No, that's not what I meant," he seemed flustered a little bit and his cheek slightly turned pinkish. I chuckled at his reaction, wondering how he can be so different on and off the stage.

"Relax, I know what you mean. Do I have to have a boyfriend to have these clothes?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him.

"Not exactly, I just wanted to make sure that if you do have a boyfriend, he would not suddenly punch me for sleeping in his girlfriend's house and wearing his clothes," he answered right away.

"If I do have a boyfriend, I wouldn't even let you sleep in my house in the first place," I stated, and he 'oh'-ed while nodding in agreement.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend though?" he asked, seeming genuinely curious of my love life.

I almost scoffed.

Because I like you.

Not that I could tell him that.

"Do I have to have one?" I looked at him, still standing in the same position I've been holding throughout our conversation.

There must be something different in my tone or how I looked when I asked him that question, because he didn't answer and just stared at my face.

Crap.

I must've sounded more serious than I thought I would.

Clearing my throat to fill the awkward silence that suddenly came when none of us spoke up, I quickly divert my eyes to avoid his gaze. Slowly, I turned away from the door to prevent the situation from getting any more awkward than this.

"Freshen up, and after that we'll discuss what to have for dinner," I said as I briefly look at him who was still standing at the door frame.

Jimin just smiled at me, giving a thumb up and entered the room, closing the door behind him.

As soon as I heard the door's closed, I sighed silently, reminding myself to keep myself together.

I had made up my mind to always keep my feelings hidden from Jimin.

No telling Jimin, no matter when.

--

"So, chicken and beer?" I asked, confirming another round of food after Jimin announced that he was still hungry even after he finished one and a half bowl of black bean noodles we ordered earlier. The half came from my bowl that I couldn't finish.

"Yes, and yes. Oh, I love alcohol," he grinned so widely at me, nearly blinding my eyes on the spot.

"Don't speak like you haven't chugged down two cans of beer and a bottle of soju already," I judged him hard and he just grinned wider.

If that's even possible.

As I ordered, Jimin went through my laptop to find anything to watch. Luckily I got a few dramas I got from my colleague that I haven't had the opportunity to watch yet.

"Hey Jimin," I called him as I sat down after I finished ordering.

"Yeah?" he was focusing on the first episode of Prison Playbook and didn't even spare me a glance.

"Do you practice really hard every day for your comeback? Even harder than in high school?" I asked.

Knowing how he was in high school, I bet he practiced thousand times harder than what was shown through the screen nowadays.

"In the early years, yes. I would practice day and night, non-stop because I was feeling insecure. You know how talented the other members are. I need to get better to par up with them," he smiled, almost looking so sad, reminiscing his past.

"Hey, you got accepted because you earned it. And look at you now, always topping the chart in terms of individual brand value. You're as good as them. Although not hotter than Jungkook," I teased.

He rolled his eyes in annoyance but chose to ignore my remark.

"That's why I said 'in the early years', baby. I still practice hard now, but not too hard to affect my health like I used to," he replied.

I would be lying if my heart didn't flutter when he called me baby.

It's an endearment we used to call each other in the past, but now that I realized my feelings for him was not just a simple crush anymore, it's a little bit hard not to blush in this situation.

I quickly chugged down the remaining coke in my can only to cough up most of it because of the gas, and partially due to the amount that was a lot more than I thought it would be.

Jimin quickly grab a few sheets of tissue and hold it against my nose and mouth while his other hand was patting my back softly in a comforting manner, trying to calm my coughs.

"Thanks," I muttered out as I looked at him with watery eyes that were caused by the stinginess I felt in my nose and throat due to the gas.

"What can you do without me, Y/N?" he bragged as he stood up to take a glass of water for me.

"I live just fine without you," I whispered in a somewhat bitter tone that wasn't meant to be heard by Jimin.

But his expression changed, and I felt myself panicking internally.