Part 1

Y/N's POV

I sat in front of the laptop, watching the real life documentary series where Jimin and his members starred in.

I was a BTS fan.

But not to the point where I could easily attend their concerts, buy their albums and purchase all their merchandises whenever I pleased.

In fact, I had never done any of those.

Not even once.

Because I was broke.

So, the most I could do was stream YouTube all day long to help increase their views whenever they did their comeback. Followed their updates on every social media existed.

I also searched for free websites that provided everything that needs to be purchased – for free. Like their movies, reality shows, concerts or whatever they were.

Just like this one.

"I messed up on the stage just now," he said as he crouched down, burying his face in between his knees.

"No, Jimin. You did well," one of the staffs who was tasked to take care of Jimin's microphone said as she crouched down together while struggling to remove the earpiece and microphone from him.

"No, I did not. I really messed up the second verse. My voice broke during the high note," he sighed as he stood up to remove all the equipment from his body and passed them to the staff.

The staff briefly thanked him and quickly fled away from the scene since she still had a lot to do rather than hearing him complain about himself.

Jimin walked towards the changing room with an upset face, and the scene changed to other members.

I smiled nostalgically, finding similarities in the scene just now with the memories I had in my head.

Flashback

"I messed up on the stage just now," he said as he crouched down, burying his face in between his knees.

"You did," I said bluntly while sitting cross-legged on the floor, right in front of Jimin.

Who can crouch down like that for a long time? My legs would be numb if I tried to crouch down like him.

The school festival ended with the performance from the modern dance team. They finished the dance splendidly, but Jimin did make a few mistakes here and there during the performance.

I knew about the mistakes since I did accompany him to practice for almost every day even though all I did was watching him from the side while eating snacks.

He lifted his head and glared at me, making me raised my hands in defense and backed away a little.

"You don't have to glare like that. We both know that's the truth. And you know I don't beat around the bush, at least to you" I stared at him with wide eyes, playing innocent like I didn't just hurt his feelings with my words.

"You don't have to be so cruel and said that right into my face," he pouted at me before he buried his face once again, and I cooed at his cute demeanor.

Jimin was cute.

His body might be muscular, but everyone in the school would definitely choose him as the guy with the cutest face.

Anyone who didn't agree can fight me.

I scooted closer to Jimin who was still crouching and I stood on my knees so that I would be a little bit higher than the boy. I wrapped one arm hugging him on his neck, and brought the other hand to caress his hair.

"It's true that you had messed up, but what can you do? What's past is past, and you just have to improve in the future, don't you?" I said softly as I felt his arms around my waist, as he moved his head and rested it on my shoulder.

He stood up, pulling me to stand together and I released my hand from his neck since he was taller than me. But Jimin’s arms only tightened around my body, so I just let him hug me longer as I buried my face in his chest. We stayed like that for a while and I smiled gently, appreciating the increase of my heart rate.

End of flashback.

During high school, I really liked Jimin.

A lot.

He was my first serious crush. So serious that I could even say that he was my first love. I didn't know when it started but when I realized it, I didn't have the heart to let the feelings disappear.

Because it was beautiful.

The fluttery feelings you felt in your heart just because of a small contact between the two of you.

Like when our eyes met in class.

Or when our hands brushed when walking to the cafeteria.

Or even when we laughed together after insulting each other.

I liked those feelings a lot.

So, I decided to just embrace it.

Sometimes it hurts, when I saw him dating other girls at school, but I decided to accept it as it was. I was satisfied with our relationship, and I didn't wish to ruin that.

And I never planned to confess as well. As I was afraid that it would affect our friendship.

Stupid, I know.

But let's just say that I wasn't the most courageous person who was willing to risk losing a great friend just because of a confession. Therefore, I kept the feelings to myself until we parted ways to pursue our own paths.

Almost ten years had passed, and unfortunately now, I only get to see him from the screen.

I let out a long sigh and closed the laptop as the show had already ended. I made my way to the bed and decided to sleep, because tomorrow will still come, no matter what happened to us today.

--
a/n: Hi guys.

This story has been in my draft since forever, and out of all the other drafts, this one had the most chapters so I think it's okay to publish it now.

It has its plot, but I didn't have the ending yet. We'll see how it goes.

Hope you enjoy this story too! 💜

--

Fun fact: The total words of this chapter up til the purple love above is 1013.

And you know what it represents?

JIMIN’S BIRTHDAY!