Chapter 5 ~ Bluberries, Blue Boys, and Pain Spells. Oh My!

"So your Jax's sister?" Maddie Van Pelt asks Evie with her panthers, and of corse Diego behind her.

"Um yeah..." Evie answers closing her locker.

"Wait if he is a wizard, are you a witch?" Maddie was intrigued.

"Wait how do you know about..."

"Just answer my question and I'll answer all of yours." Maddie sands up straighter.

"Yes okay. Why are you?" Evie hugs her history book.

No one was really around them, or close enough to hear at least. Maddie made sure before she went talking about the Magic Realm.

"Yes I am, and here are my fellow Panthers. This is Proxie." She points to Diego.

"Are you a wizard?" Evie was astonished to find all these people with powers here. Than again there were too many at her old school.

"No I'm a Kanay. The last one in fact." He says proudly.

"I don't see the big deal about witches hating Kanays. I mean why don't we get along?" Evie turns the corner with everyone.

"I don't know, I mean..."

"That's Sophie and Katie. They are just normal." Maddie introduces them cutting off Diego.

They wave looking her up and down, but Evie didn't care.

"I'll see you guys around." Evie waved good bye.

As Evie left Maddie started to talk "Do you guys like her?"

"I think she seems nice." Diego states.

"She is really pretty." Sophie says.

"But not as pretty as me? Right?" Maddie flips her hair.

"No of corse not!" Katie states.

"Good...." Maddie Van Pelt struts through the halls like usual.

~

While that was happening Jax and Daniel were having a conversation in private before meeting at the house.

Jax explained what he was gonna do and say. He didn't want to really hurt Daniel. Daniel just had to be a really good actor.

"Jax don't tell Emma, but you know I'm not a good actor your dad will not believe me..." Daniel says looking down.

"What are you saying man." Jax had a serious expression.

"When you cast that spell of pain, really cast it." Daniel looks at Jax straight in the eye.

"Mate, no." Jax put a hand on Daniel's shoulder.

"Jax do what you have to do to sell it to your dad. I'll take a hit for the team."

"I only know one other person that has experienced the pain of that spell, and it still haunts her to this day...." Jax didn't want Daniel to do it.

"Jax, for me just do it." Daniel thought about Emma, and how he would scare her. He was doing this for her. So she could live without the threat of Jax's father.

~

"How many witches are in this school?" Evie asks Emma.

"I think we have more important things to deal with, Dad will be here tomorrow!" Jax yells.

"That's the last one, well there was this crazed principal, long story. She is gone now though." Emma explains.

"And a Kanay?!" Evie states.