Chapter 11 ~ Picnics and Powers

It was back to school on Monday. The four were so greatful to be back! It was like they never left just as Agamemnon said it would be.

Emma was the happiest of the four. She always loved school and was very glad to be in the halls of Iridium High again.

Jax was happy to be there, but he was off set by something. Let's go back to the morning to find out what.

~

Jax woke up and yawned stretching his arms out and squinting his eyes at the window.

"Good morning Jax." Jax heard a familiar voice coming from the bathroom.

"Why are you here?" Jax had nothing to fear. Jax was the one with powers here.

"You all took my powers and now I can't find them. You broke your word and I am very displeased." It was his father. The evil man who sent his sister to Limbo.

He stood up to face his dad. He did not fear him like he used to.

"Well you were the one who sent Mandi to Limbo!" Jax argued.

"Eh we don't need her."

Jax got up in his father's face "She was my sister." He said it though his teeth.

"I would have put her up for adoption if her mother didn't want her that badly." He stepped backwards towards the window.

"Mother only married you because her parents needed a powerful wizard in the family." Jax stared his dark eyes at his father.

"I needed a son to pass down the legacy. I got a traitor like you." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not the traitor here you are!" Jax was getting emotional "I saw the way you treated mom!"

Then Jax's father stared at him. The boy crossed the line. "Jax Ugine Novoa. You will regret everything you said today."

Jax's heartbeat started to race.

"Say your sorry to everyone you love before hand." He let out his iconic evil laugh. He talked into a watch. "Tele me back now."

Than he disappeared.

~

"Jax!" Mr. Reyes shouted.

Jax's mind was playing back the memory and he dozed off. The teacher caught his attention "What?"

"What is the answer?" The teacher slapped the board with his pointer.

Jax observed the large math problem. He had no idea "Seven?" Every one stared at Jax.
The teacher just looked at Jax with giant eyes in awe. "Your correct Mr. Novoa." He coughed.

That was PURE luck.

~

"Jax something is wrong with you and I know it." Emma and Jax were in the hall all a lone. Everyone else was in the cafeteria.

"What? I'm perfectly okay." Jax leaned against the locker.

"Jax you can talk to me..." She got closer to him.

"My dad showed up in my room this morning and told me he was gonna get revenge." Jax tried to sum it all up. He took a lot of pauses to break it too her lightly.

Emma looked down.

"Emma you see I shouldn't have told you...."

"Jax I'm scared." She embraced him. The thoughts racing through her mind.

He hugged her back "Everything will be okay."

(Your welcome Jemma shippers)
~