Conclusion

EPILOGUE

I had my life figure out the first time I step out of my school. I thought of having fun and travelling from country to country. Medical Missions and hangouts. I thought my life will gonna be like that in the long run.

But in just a snap...

Everything crumbled down. When I've asked to  serve for this crazy girl in Manila.

I kissed Tita Monica's forehead before sitting on the chair infront of her table. Her secretary, Princess Campbell came out the front door and served me a tea. I saw her gazed at me and blushed before leaving.

"You called me?" I asked. Gumalaw ang swivel chair niya at pinirmi ang titig sa'kin.

Kahit pinunasan na niya, kita'ng kita ko pa 'rin ang natirang luha 'ron. Mabilis ako'ng tumayo at lumapit sa kanya.

"Are you crying again?" I said worriedly. She lifted her chin up and she smiled.

She's always like this. Crying out of reasons I never knew. She never told me. But I guess it was really heavy that she chose to bury herself working 24/7 in the company to keep herself busy.

"I'm not crying, Shawn. I-i just want to ask a favor. Is that okay?" She asked in a monotone voice. I licked my lips before nodding.

Ngumiti siya at hinarap sa'kin ang frame na naka-display sa desk niya. A picture of a girl smiling up to her ear. Naka school uniform pa ito at may hawak na libro. Nakaupo sa isa'ng bench sa malawak na field. Kahit medyo malayo ang angle ng camera ay kita'ng kita ko ang kinang ng luntian niyang mga mata. Ang buhok niya ay may highlight na kulay pink sa harap. Bumagay 'rin sa kanya ang bangs hanggang sa eyebrows dahil halatang halata na may lahi siya'ng hapon. Tinuro siya ni Tita.

"Look at her. She's my niece. Isn't she lovely?" she asked while holding the picture frame. Wala sa sarili'ng napatango ako.

"Three days from today is her 18th birthday. I asked her what gift she does wants but she only said she want someone she can talk to."

I heaved a sigh.
"Why are you telling me this?"

"I wanted to ask a favor, Shawn. Diba sabi mo tawagin lang kita kapag may kailangan ako? this is what I need, Shawn. To have someone to take care of her." Tinuro niya ulit ang bata'ng babae.

"But i'm no a butler." Para'ng imposibleng sagot ko.

"I-i know. But i'm sure you can take care of her."

"Why are you so sure?"

Hindi siya sumagot.

"Please, Shawn. You c-can go to the Philippines to accompany my niece. Kahit two months lang. And if you don't like her attitude, you are free to come back here again." She pleaded.

Umiwas ako ng tingin sa kanya

"I can't go there personally because I know she's mad at me."

"I can't do that, Tita. May girlfriend ako. I can't just leave her behind." Umiling ako.

"M-make her understand, Shawn. Two months lang naman kayo magkakahiwalay."

"It's not only about her, Tita. What about my work here? Isa pa, I can't leave her for two months! I can't just leave her like that!" Pinigilan ko ang pagtaas ng boses.

Binaba biya ang frame at iling na tumingin sa'kin.

"Shawn, if its love, it will wait."

Tumawa ako ng pagak, hiding my mocking tone.