Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Childhood promise

I don't know why I fit perfectly in his arms. Maybe i'm really destined to be trapped inside his arms forever.

"Let's go. Sakay tayo sa cable car." He said. Tumango ako at pinagpagan ang suot ko.Inabot sa'kin ni Shawn ang kamay niya bilang alalay. Inabot ko ito. So gentleman.

Habang nakasakay ay kitang kita ko sa malapitan ang taal volcano. Ito ay maliit lang at may butas sa gitna na pinapalibutan ng lake at rock formations.

Ipinikit ko ang mga mata ko at dinama ang hangin. Mostly cable cars in different countries are covered with glass dividers. But here in the Philippines, it's different. Open space ito at metal railings lang ang harang. It likes it was made like that to feel the cold air of Tagaytay.

The cold wind brushing my skin sent chills down my spine. I felt so peaceful. And knowing Shawn who's sitting by myside and holding gently my hands, I feel so satisfied. Everything's just feels so perfect today. 

That's why I believe that life is beautiful but it's not always harsh either. So in order to enjoy life, you need to be contented with something. Kasi if you're not, you will always crave for it. You will always want something and you'd realize that you spend your life chasing.

"In this world, you need to be brave.You need to accept everything that has happened. Specially when your love ones left you in this vast universe." He said out of the blue. Napatingin ako sa kanya.

"What are you gonna do if the one you love, leave?" I asked while staring at his handsome face. Kumunot ang noo niya at ibinaba ang tingin sa'kin.

"If you leave?" he asked like it will going to
happen.

How can I leave him when he is the one who taught me that leaving is not the solution for everything?

"I don't think I'm brave enough to accept that you left me. Because I know from the very start that it will never ever happen." He said as he stare at me down to my lips. Napalunok ako at pasimpleng hinawakan ang nagwawala'ng puso.

"But I'm sure that I need to be brave inorder to protect you." He smirked. Tumawa ako at ibinalik ang tingin sa view.

I have seen the most fascinating views around the world. But I've never stared at that view for a long period of time. Only the view of Shawn took me hours or a day staring at him. Sana umabot ng taon ang pagtingin at paghanga ko sa kanya so that I can finally say that I got my best view. Better than the view I've seen in different countries.

"Milady, do you know that there's someone who told me that she's not going to leave me like what my parents did?" he asked.

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko.

"Really? who?" I asked, curious to know who promised not to leave him.

"T-there's a girl. Who said she'll never leave by myside when life get's hard and until now, I'm still holding onto that." he stuttered.

Kumirot ang puso ko. He's waiting for someone? but what about me?

Flashback
Third Person's POV

"Yey!" Saad ng batang Mizuki habang nagla-laro ng barbie doll sa loob ng kwarto niya. Pinagalaw niya ito ng para'ng totoo'ng tao at ipinasok sa dollhouse. Hindi nagtagal ay dumating na ang yaya niya.