Chapter 23.

~           ~           ~           ~           ~           ~
Ren ran up some spiral stairs and up a ladder to a platform, he went straight and around the wall to see the Eagle Insignia. He picked it up and nd ran back but stopped when he saw Damien standing above watching him with a smirk.

Ren: Two down one more to go Damien.

He scoffed.

Damien: We'll see about that.

He throw his TMP on the ground making Ren look at it then look back at him. Damien groan and his right hand started to shake. It started to deform and transformed into a shield that was very sharp, Ren could see the heart beat of it.

Damien: Witness the power.

Ren: You're out of your god damn mind Damien.

Damien smirked.

Damien: All for you.

He jumped down facing his right arm to Ren to cut him in half but Ren moved away and went behind him stabbing him in the neck. Damien throw Ren off him and protected the from of him. Ren heard beeping all the side knowing it was explosive. Throughout the time, Damien kept mocking Ren and trying to get him to give up but Ren didn't want to.

Damien: Give up Ren. Your useless and forever will be!

Damien throw Ren to the ground while he stood up. Ren breath heavily looking up at him.

Damien: Say goodbye Ren.

Damien raised his shield arm.

Leon: Ren!!

They both looked across to see Leon with a terrified face. Ren looked up to see Damien distracted so he kicked his foot making him go down. Ren got up and took out his knife quickly and stabbed him in the chest. Damien's chest started burst out Blood until his eyes closed. Leon sighed in relief. Ren took the Serpent Insignia at the side of Damien's body.

Ren looked over to Leon looking at him with a smile. Ren heard a vote of some sort went up so he immediately left the stop and went down the ladder and went through a opening to the side and jumped down to see Leon waiting for him. Ren went up to him was quickly brought into a hug. He hugged Leon back closing his eyes.

Leon: Thank God your safe.

Ren: I'm glad I'm safe too.

Leon chuckled and the pulled apart putting the Insignia's on the wall and it opened up to a double door. They went through and went up a hill but stopped when Leon's radio went off. Leon took it and answered while Rene as next to him.

Saddler: So it seems you both have killed Krauser and Damien too. How should I return my appreciation?

Leon: What? What are you talking about? We thought they were with with you.

Saddler: What are you talking about? Did you both really think I'd trust American's? To tell you both the truth, I was contemplating how to get rid of them.

Leon and Ren both looked at eachother.

Saddler: But thanks to the both of you, that's no longer necessary.

Ren: You were just using them from the start.

Saddler: I must hand it to the both of you... you both demonstrated quite a bit of promise by killing Krauser and Damien. When the assimilation with Las Plagas is complete, I'll have you both serve as my guard.

Leon: Unfortunately we're going to have to decline on your generous offer. We have prior engagements.

Saddler: Enjoy your smart mouthing while you can.