Part 9

The two of them walked into the Sahara Casino later the following day and asked to see Jeano Romano. He was not there but sent a car for them, and they were taken to a warehouse not far away. Walking into view of Jeano, both of them were stopped by two big men. “Ladies, understand that this is necessary.”
“Wait.” Olivia put her hands up, looking from the guy beside her over to Jeano. “I am seconded to the FBI at present, sir.” She looked at Riley beside her. “I have no gun on me, but I do have my badge in my jacket pocket.”
Jeano signalled to the bodyguard to get her badge.
“We are here unofficially, Jeano,” Riley yelled out. The bodyguard held up Olivia’s badge and threw it over to Jeano.
“Inspector Olivia Sanchez, San Francisco. You are a long way from home Inspector. I wonder if anyone will miss you.” He signalled to the bodyguard beside Olivia. He came around behind Olivia, grabbing her arm and wrapping his own around her neck, lifting her off the ground. Olivia wanted to fight back and take the guy down, but she knew it wouldn’t help Riley.
“Jeano, come on, let her go.”
“What brings you here, Ms Devereux? You had requested a few days to get your affairs in order, and here you stand in front of me with an FBI agent. You will understand the caution.”
“Let me explain, please.” Jeano waved her forward. Riley looked over at Olivia, still in a chokehold. 'Sorry’, she mouthed before going over to talk to Jeano. She explained that since the murder of her husband, the FBI had been involved, and they brought her to Los Vegas to pull him out into the open. She tried to reassure him that this was not what she wanted and that she stood firm on what she had said to him the day before. She opened the case she had been carrying and showed him the promised money. He sighed signally to the bodyguard, still holding Olivia to let her go.
Olivia finally felt the ground under her feet. Managing to catch her breath, she straightened herself up and joined Riley before Jeano. She explained what the FBI expected of Riley and the meeting due the following day. Olivia stated that the outcome was clearly in his hands as they had to carry out their instructions from the FBI. The Case Riley would be carrying was likely to have marked notes so that the money would be null and void. Jeano had a newfound respect for the women standing in front of him. He shook Riley’s hand, accepting that the Devereux debt had been paid and that Riley’s life was no longer in danger. He let his driver take the women back to wherever they wanted to go while he planned the following day's event.

Riley walked through the kitchen door to the complimentary bottle of wine on the bench. Olivia threw the keys on the table and flopped down on the couch. Riley came around the couch, picking up Olivia’s legs; she sat down and pulled her legs back over her. “Do you miss it?” She asked, looking at her wine glass.
“Miss what? Alcohol?” Riley nodded. “I don’t miss what it did to me, but I do miss the freedom just to have a casual one like you are right now.”
“Do you want me to tip it out?”
“No, no, you’re fine.”
Riley put her glass down on the table and turned to look at Olivia, resting her hand on Olivia’s leg. “Still can’t get over being unable to drink with you.”
Olivia laughed. “You could get high with me?”
She giggled. “Nah. That’s your poison, babe.” Riley sculled back her wine and moved above her. Olivia stretched out below her getting comfortable with the weight upon her. Riley lay down, welcoming the arms that wrapped around her.
“What do you think Jeano’s going to do tomorrow?” She asked.
Olivia ran her hand up over her back. “I don’t know, but promise me you will wear a vest tomorrow.”
“A vest?” Riley looked down at her.
“Bulletproof vest, please. I’m going to be wearing one too.”
“You think he will try to shoot me?”
“I’m not saying that. We don’t know what will happen tomorrow; I’m not taking any chances.” Riley searched Olivia’s eyes below her. She leaned down and took her lips in her own. She went to pull back, but Olivia followed, sucking her lip deeper between her own. Riley groaned with the unexpected move. Olivia pulled her back down, her tongue desperately licking the inside of her mouth. Riley pulled back quickly, looking down at her.
“I taste like wine, don’t I?”
Olivia blushed.
“Is that bad?” Riley asked.
“It won’t start me drinking if that’s what you’re asking.”
“That’s good,” Riley said, pushing her hair behind her ear.
“But....” Olivia said, getting more comfortable under her lover. “It does make you intoxicating.” She reached up, pulling her back down into a passionate kiss. Trailing her hand down Riley’s side, she stopped to grip Riley’s bum grinding her against her. Olivia’s reactions to her made Riley’s pulse race. She slid her hand down and under Olivia’s shirt touching the warm skin underneath. Olivia moaned, arching slightly against her touch. She rubbed her hands up Riley’s back, untucking her blouse and running her hands up her bare skin. It became heated very quickly. Olivia removed her jacket and her top, and Riley removed her blouse. Olivia reached around, unclasping Riley’s bra and removing her own. Feeling Olivia’s hands slide into her pants over her bare bum Riley couldn’t fight it anymore.
“I want to feel you inside me.” She whispered against Olivia’s ear.
“Are you sure?” Olivia whispered, feeling an ache between her thighs.
“Yes.”
Olivia gripped Riley’s bum cheeks spreading her open above her. She moved around and pulled down the zip on her pants.
Riley raised herself to take them off, letting her in. Taking Riley’s lips in her own, Olivia slipped her hand into Riley’s wetness, feeling her push down against her fingers.
Olivia ran her fingers up and down her wetness making contact with the sensitive nub coming out. Riley groaned in her mouth. She pressed into her more. Olivia lifted her leg between hers and spread them, sliding her fingers down and up deep into her. Riley arched up suddenly. Her hips ground down against the fingers inside her. Olivia gripped her hip, feeling her tighten around her fingers. Riley arched onto her hands, riding Olivia inside her as sounds of pleasure escaped her throat. Olivia looked down at her hand disappearing into Riley; her eyes caught onto the ample breasts moving before her face.
“Oh god.” She let out, feeling her wetness pouring out of her. Feeling Riley come over her hand, she felt herself explode again simultaneously. Riley collapsed upon her, and Olivia pulled her fingers out from her pleasure dome and wrapped her arms around her.
She reached down to the floor, wrapping her jacket over them.
“You ok?” She whispered, kissing her forehead. Riley moved so she could look at her. She kissed her gently.
“Baby...” She started. “You know I love you, right?”
“I know.” Olivia whispered, waiting for the ‘but’. Riley searched her eyes before she continued.
“I think I’m falling in love with you.”
Olivia stroked her face feeling her heart warm. She kissed her softly. Pulling back, she bowed her head. “Do you remember the day I left Westford?”
“I remember.”
“You were going out with that guy Trevor at the time, and it was getting pretty serious between the two of you.” She looked at Riley. “It was actually killing me to see you two together. I had a crush on you then and wasn’t handling it very well.”
Riley pulled herself up slightly to see her better. “You left because of me?”
Olivia moved slightly. “No, I left because of me.”
“Liv, I thought I had done something wrong all this time. You walked out on everything we were to each other. It took me a long time to get over that.”
“I’m sorry, babe.” She linked their fingers. “You know I couldn’t have told you.”
Riley sighed, looking away. “Wait...” She turned and looked back at her. “No... The night of Bridget’s eighteenth birthday party, a couple of nights before you left....”
Olivia pursed her lips.
“It was, wasn’t it? Did you kiss me when we had the power cut?” Olivia nodded. Riley smacked her. “Livia, I told you how that kiss made me feel; you said absolutely nothing!” Riley looked at her for a moment. “I broke up with Trevor the day after you left. That kiss had changed everything. It was you....” She smacked her again. “After all these years, I find out it was you!”
Olivia started to laugh. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t ready to tell you.”
“No, but you snuck a kiss.”
Olivia leaned forward, placing a kiss on her shoulder.
“I was crazy jealous. When that happened, I just took the chance. I knew I was leaving, and I knew where you were, so I just grabbed you. I’m surprised you didn’t know it was me.”
“Yeah, I guess I just never thought.” They looked at each other.
“Funny, I always said you couldn’t see past your nose. Could you imagine if we had hooked up then?” Olivia cheekily pulled her back down. “Wait, how did that kiss make you feel again?” She leaned forward and whispered the words Riley had told her a lifetime ago.
Riley blushed, sliding her hand up Olivia’s naked torso.
“Oh yeah, it was definitely you.” 

***

Riley stood outside the Golden Nugget Los Vegas Hotel and Casino on Fremont, where Jeano had told her to meet him. Olivia had rung through to Cruz to let him know where to be. She had walked in before Riley to take place at the poker machines, towards the back of the Casino. Looking around, she knew there was more FBI in the room apart from her. She watched Riley enter through the main door and stop at the reception. She focused on Riley’s voice in the earpiece she was wearing. Cruz had been against it, but she’d talked him into letting her have it since she knew Riley better than anyone and could judge if she was in trouble.
She watched Riley be taken through the Casino up towards the elevator. Watching the doors close, she sighed deeply. Her eye caught the bouncer standing just beside the elevator door looking back at her. It was the big bally guy who had manhandled her the day before. She gave him a sight nod receiving one in return.
The elevator door opened, and Riley followed her escort down the corridor to an open planned boardroom. She saw Jeano sitting at the far end of the table. She quickly put her finger to her lips and reached into her pocket, passing a piece of paper to her escort. He took it and handed it to Jeano. 'I am wearing a mic, and the briefcase has a tracker.’ Jeano sat back, linking his fingers upon the table.
“Ms Devereux, I assume you are here to pay off your husband’s debt?”
“Yes, I am.” Riley placed the briefcase down on the table.
“Your husband was a great man, Ms Devereux; unfortunately, he wasn’t a very good gambling man.”
“Yes, well, I’m learning there’s a lot of things he wasn’t good at.” Jeano laughed. He stood up from his chair and came to stand before her. Riley opened the case and turned it towards him.
“All there?” He looked.
“It’s all there.”
“Does this clear the debt over my head?” Riley asked.
Jeano smiled. “Yes, yes, it does.”
“So I can have my life back now?” Riley pushed, and Jeanos smile got bigger.
“Yes, it does.”
“Good”, Riley smiled. Riley pointed down to the case 'tracker’, she mouthed.
“Well, Ms Devereux,” He reached for her hand. “I wish you all the best with your new life.”
“Thank you.” Riley shook his hand.
“You know you’re an amazing woman, very striking if you’re ever back this way...”
Riley laughed under her breath. “I’m flattered. But I am already taken.”
“Lucky man.” Jeano moved back. Riley was sure she could hear a smile in her earpiece. Jeano signaled to Riley’s escort. “Can you escort Ms Devereux out, please?”

Olivia watched Riley exit the elevator and be escorted to the door. She waited a few minutes and got the call once Riley was safely out of the building.
'We’re going in. Second floor.’ Olivia looked over at the bouncer and nodded. As he pulled his walkie-talkie up to his lips, the room exploded with the armed defenders' squad. Olivia stood, pulling out her gun-running towards the elevator door as the bouncer ran for cover. Hitting the button, she looked into the madness that was breaking out in front of her. People were running, screaming, and panicking at the raid they were subject to. The elevator door opened, and Olivia followed three armed men and two undercover agents. “The case is still here, spread out; take every room. Be careful. We don’t know how many are up here.” Olivia leaned back against the wall; her heart was racing. Her adrenaline was pumping; she lived for this stuff. The doors opened, and the squad charged forward, quickly moving down the corridor. Olivia and the agents hung back, heading straight for the board room. One of the agents looked at Olivia. He signalled her to the left while he took a right. Olivia nodded and prepared herself. They counted to three and then stormed the room. Pistol out front, Olivia rounded the corner. She looked around the empty room. She moved over to the window, seeing an alleyway below. The armed defenders' squad stormed in the back door.
“Damn it.” One of the agents yelled.
Olivia silently signed with relief. Looking back behind her, something on the ceiling light caught her eye.
“Hey, what’s that?” She pointed to the light. One of the squad moved forward for a closer look.
“Everybody out now! Move, move!” He waved them back.
Olivia jumped, following the others back towards the corridor. Suddenly the room flashed, and Olivia felt the heat against her back as she was lifted into the air, crashing against the wall. Opening her eyes, everything was black. She felt hands grab her arms and drag her along the ground. She could hear the flames' crackle but couldn’t see them. Blinking, she felt herself be pulled up and tossed over someone’s shoulder.
“I can’t see, I can’t see!” She yelled, hearing a door open and the bouncing of her carrier going downstairs. She heard a door open and the sound of panic as they entered a room. Olivia pictured it as the ground floor of the casino. She forgot the fact that she was being carried and concentrated on herself. Blinking again, the light still didn’t come to her eyes. Ok, so she knew she couldn’t see. She could feel the warmth on her back, so she figured she was burnt. Moving to her limbs, she felt bruised, but nothing felt broken. She suddenly felt the breeze in her hair and the noise of the street.
“Officer down; we need medical assistance now!” She felt her carrier adjust her on his shoulder. “I’m going to put you down. There is a wall behind you.” He sat her down on the ground. Olivia dropped her hands, feeling the concrete under her. Leaning back, she felt the texture of the cold brick.
“What was that?” she asked. She heard the shuffle of feet in front of her.
“A flash bomb.” She heard a voice coming towards her. “Are you alright?” The voice sounded like Cruz.
“Cruz, that you?”
“Yeah, it is.” She adjusted herself against the wall.
“I can’t see a damn thing, and I think I have burned my back. Hit the wall pretty hard, but I think I’m ok. Did we get him?” She heard him sigh.
“No, the bastard got away.”
“Where’s Riley?” She suddenly jumped.
“Don’t panic. She’s in safe hands. We’re just waiting on the ambulance.”
“I don’t need one.” She pushed herself up onto her feet, suddenly feeling off-balance. She felt hands on her shoulders steadying her.
“I don’t care what you say, Sanchez, you’re on my watch, and you’re waiting on the ambo.” Cruz leaned her back again the wall. “Stay.”