Part 7

They were back in New York a few days later because Riley was attending a fashion show. Due to the nature of their relationship, the other night had not been spoken about again. Olivia had decided to stay in the guest rooms from now on. Riley knew she was going to have to get used to sleeping alone. Her nightmares had subsided, but the comfort of someone beside her made her sleep easier. Olivia was feeling the same way, but she knew for her own sake she needed to keep some distance between them before she found it too hard to walk away.

Once back in New York, Riley was busy with phone calls and visits from people involved in the fashion industry. Olivia couldn't handle all the girly stuff, so she excused herself for most of the day. She took the bike and cruised around the city she originally came from. She didn't have that many memories of the place as she'd spent her teenage years with Riley at Westford. She admitted she was lucky to be able to get to go to Westford and get the education she had. She'd grown up so much different than her friends back in the Bronx. Her only regret was not spending more time with her mom before she died.

Walking back into the apartment, she saw about six people in a circle around something or someone. Closing the door, they all looked up at her.

"Wow, look at that face!" An Asian fashion guru walked up and grabbed her face. She smacked his hands and moved away. In doing so, the others moved and standing in the middle was Riley in a fabulous black dress.

"Wow." Olivia stepped forward god smacked.

"You look.... gorgeous." She couldn't take her eyes off her. Unconsciously she came to a stop in front of Riley, just captured. Riley looked back at her, struck by Olivia's reaction. Hearing Olivia say she was gorgeous in the way she had, made her believe she was. Standing before her now, all she could see was the fiery green in Olivia's eyes. A hot flush washed over her.

"Riley, Riley." A voice broke her hold.

"Yes, Pierre?"

"Is this who will be escorting tonight?" She searched Olivia's smiling eyes upon her.

"Yes, Olivia will be escorting me tonight."

"Say what?" Olivia snapped out of her trance.

An hour later, Riley had her face fully put on, and everyone was waiting for Olivia to come out of her room.

"Come on, Liv, we have to get going!"

"Alright!" She yelled, walking out into the lounge. The little Asian guy clapped his hands madly. They'd dressed her in a black fitted Armani suit. Her long hair had been straightened, and she had makeup on. While everyone surrounded her doing finishing touches, Riley stood back, just looking at her. Olivia looked amazing.

She had been worried that they would put her in a dress, but she was glad they hadn't cause she was stunning. Olivia finally saw Riley's reaction and smiled at the look she was being given. She wet her lips, feeling the blush come to her cheeks. She had seen herself in the mirror earlier and thought she looked pretty damn hot. Seeing the smile on Riley's face, her confidence was boosted. She could pull this off.

Olivia had never had so much attention.

Granted, she was with Riley, who was attracting much attention from the paparazzi, men, and women. But she was attracting enough of her own, mainly from women. Trying to stay close to Riley and socialize simultaneously was becoming a bit of a mission. She turned around, and Riley had disappeared with a group of people over the other side of the room. She decided to stay where she was. She was feeling confident, sexy, and independent for the first time in a long time. A bit of harmless flirtation did no one any harm.