~ Sparkle~

Word Count: 1523 words
Warning's: No warnings this time

Status: Unedited

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm on vacation right now, and the camping I'm on has terrible internet. I managed to get some now, so yeah. Oh, I'm almost leaving and when I'm home, I have three weeks to write! Hope you enjoy this one! 

Ever since the barrier had been brought down, the kids from the isle got invited to Auradon Prep. I am one of those people. Hayley Hearts, daughter of the Queen of Hearts.
But obviously we were with way to much. Which meant that a lot of us were going to share rooms.
Uma, my best friend, and I were sharing with the two former isle-girls, Mal and Evie. The four of us had lots of fun.
But somehow, I wasn't as happy as I was back on the isle. It feels like something is missing... a part of me longs to something, I just don't know what.

I was sitting on a bench in the halls of the school. On the other side, I could see Mal and Ben. They were having one of their 'close moments'. Both of them just seemed so happy.
I got a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. I let out a sigh and looked away.
Harry Hook, another one of my close friends, walked over to me. "Hey Y/N!" His voice sounded really happy.
I had noticed Harry had been so much happier lately. He and princess Audrey were hanging out a lot.
"Hai Harry...", I responded as I rested my head against the wall. Harry frowned and took a seat next to me. "What's wrong?" This question made me think for some time. What exactly WAS wrong? I had no idea.
I shrugged at his question and turned my attention back to the book laying on my lap.
"Anyways, I really need your help!" A smile came to my face. I loved it when he needed my help. "So I'm going on a date with Audrey later, and I was wondering-"
 I had already stopped paying attention to what he was saying. As fast as my smile had come, it faded. My stomach dropped, and I got the feeling I could start crying every second. I abruptly got up, making Harry stop speaking in the middle of his sentence.
"I've got to go" I grabbed my stuff and walked away, leaving a really confused Harry behind.

~~

As soon as I got to my room, I let myself drop on the bed, head facing my pillow. I could hear the door open, followed by Uma's voice. "Harry texted me, telling me you're acting weird. What's up with you?"
Her voice sounded a little bit irritated, probably because she was with Aron, her boyfriend, and had to come check on me.
I tilled up my head and faced her. As soon as Uma saw it, her irritated appearance made place for worry. My eyes were red and puffy. "What's wrong with me? Why can't I just be happy?" Uma rushed over and sat down next to me. "Oh, honey... What happened?"
I rested my head on her shoulder. "It's just... Lately, I feel so alone. I mean, everyone has someone. Mal has Ben, Evie has Doug, Harry has Audrey, and even you have Aron. And of course, I'm really happy for you guys, but it really sucks sometimes. Especially when I'm around Harry. He talks about her all the time, and I hate it!"
A tear rolled down my cheek. Uma saw it and whipped it away.
"It's called love", Evie said. She and Mal were standing in the doorway. I gave them a questioning look. "That feeling you have." Mal and Evie smiled at us.
"It can't be love. I'm the princess of hearts. Love is forbidden for me. I don't even know what love feels like..." That was true. I've never loved someone in my life. My mom always told me that love would make me weak. That's the reason she never loved me.
"When you're in love, you just see the whole world differently. You get this little sparkle in your eyes. Whenever he's around, get this feeling in your stomach. You would do anything for them. All you care about is for them to be happy, even when that means you're not.", Evie explained to me.
 Mal finished the story. "But still you hate seeing them around others."
Could I really be... No, absolutely not. I don't do love.
I shot up and walked to the door. "You're wrong. Harry is my friend, but that's it!" I got out and slammed the door behind me.
While resting my head against the door, I could hear the y girls talk about how I was definitely in love with Harry. I sighed and walked away, to the gardens.

~~

I had been sitting in the grass for a little while now, thinking. Thinking about the girls, about Harry with Audrey, about love... It made my head just spin.
Just for a second, I wondered how things would be if I'd talk to Harry about this. He would probably make some joke about it, making my laugh and...
"I do love him, don't I...", I mumbled.
Footsteps sounded behind me. "Love who?", Harry asked while sitting down next to me. "Oh, no one.", I lied.
Harry grinned at me. "Who is it? Someone from the isle? No, I bet it's someone from Auradon. Someone who treats you like a princess. Someone who deserves you!"
I chuckled, and jokingly bumped his shoulder. "No, he's not from Auradon" Harry gave me a questioning look. "An isle-boy? Do I know him?"
 'You don't even know how good you know him...', I thought to myself. But of course I didn't tell him that.
 And for the next hour, Harry kept guessing who it was. He had named almost every boy from our former school, Dragon Hall. But every time I just shook my head and smiled.
Harry grabbed me and held me in some kind of headlock, but in a way it didn't hurt me. I struggled very hard to get out, but he held me in my place easily. "Tell me, and I'll let you out", he said laughing.
I finally gave in and he let me go. I sat straight up so I was facing him, took a deep breath, and closed my eyes for a second so I could clean my thoughts.
When I opened my eyes again, I saw Harry looking at me with a smile. The smile I fell in love with.
Harry asked me what I was looking at. I looked him in the eyes and responded: "You still haven't figured it out, have you? Well, who could blame you? Neither did I until today..."
With that, I grabbed his collar and pulled him onto my lips.
At first, I felt the shock Harry was in. But after a few seconds, he did what I hadn't been expecting at all: He kissed me back. 
Without breaking the kiss, I went to sit in front of him in the grass, so I was sitting between his legs. His hand wrapped around my middle as I placed my hands around his neck.
I know that I shouldn't be doing what I was doing. He had a girlfriend. I knew better than to steal another girls man. But Harry and I just belonged together. Right now, everything just felt right.
Unfortunately,  that moment disappeared when the kiss got interrupted by some familiar voices.
Harry pulled back and we looked to where the voices were coming from, just in time to see Uma, Mal, and Evie duck away behind the bushes.
I turned as red as a tomato and hid my face in Harry's chest.
Uma was the first to come out of her hiding spot. "Well mate, normally I'm not the biggest fan of cheating. But right now, I think you did the right thing", she said to Harry as she walked over to us. Mal and Evie followed her.
"But don't even think about doing the same thing to her!", Mal said quickly with a smirk. Evie pet my back. "Come on, Y/n, don't try to hide. Everyone turns red after their first kiss in public.
I slowly pulled my head back and looked at the blue-haired girl. My expression stood mad, but everyone could see that from the inside, I was smiling non-stop.
Evie got a little mirror from her pocket and held it in front of my face. "See that sparkle in your eyes? That's the sparkle we were talking about..."
Harry grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "So that was your first kiss in public? Ready for your second?" Without giving it another word, he crashed his lips on mine, making me blush all over again. 

~~

A week passed. Harry had broke up with Audrey, who already had someone new, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. An obviously, I said yes. 
I had asked him why he was so happy in the relationship with Audrey, and now moved on so easily.
He told me that he knew now, he wasn't really in love with her. He was in love with the idea of love. Audrey had a way to make him feel special. He had only felt that way one time before: When he was with me.