Chapter 21 - Disclosure

Start from the beginning

"Just remember, whenever you need help, your jyesht will always be there for you." He said emotionally as I nodded my head in return.

"Putri Aahana?" Our heads snapped towards the door as we saw maa coming out of her room.
I bent down to take her blessings.

"Kalyan ho! I thought to check upon you as you were late." She said.

"Maa, I came on time but met Angraj midway. So I just stopped here for a while to have a word with him." I said with a smile.
Maa turned towards him and her expressions turned vulnerable. Anyone could notice the melancholy dancing in her eyes. Even after having her five sons near her, she still yearned for her first born. The craving she has for him can never be fulfilled by anyone in the world. She's a mother afterall who loves all her children equally. She longed for him.

"Pranipat Rajmata!" He greeted her with a smile as she blessed him

"Kalyan ho put..Angraj." I noticed the change in her words. I sighed. Why is everyone suffering here?

"I'll take a leave now. Both of you should continue. Hope to meet you soon." He said with a smile as I nodded back with one.

Soon he left and I looked at maa who was still looking at his retrieving figure. I could sense her urge to call him but she refrained herself.

"Maa?" I called her breaking her trance.

"Oh yes, putri. Come with me." She smiled at me but I could see through that fake smile. The smile that hid millions of sorrows and feelings.
We both sat on the couch in her room. In front of us laid a lot of jewelry.

"Putri, these are my jewelries that were gifted to me by my parents and my in laws. Now they are of no use to me. I want you to select some of the pieces for you." She said making me shock.

"No maa, I don't want all these. This is all too much." I said honestly. All these jewelries and all was too much.

"But putri, you are my daughter and I want to give you something." I smiled at maa's words and held her hand in mine.

"Maa, your love is greater than any of these materialistic possessions. The love you all shower me with never makes me feel alone. The adoration my brother in laws have for me never let's me feel like I'm away from my brothers. And about you gifting me something, well you gifted me the best gift of my life that is your son. I couldn't ask for more." I said honestly. She was smiling at me.

She kept a hand on my cheek on said, "My son must've done some hard penance to have a wife like you."

"It must be other way round maa." I said.

"But all these jewelries are of no use to me."

"So, whenever I'll need something, I'll ask from you." I said and she nodded.

"Don't ask, just demand like a daughter does." We both chuckled at her statement.

"Also baccha, I can't thank you enough for saving Yudhishthir that day. Even thinking about that day makes me-" maa couldn't continue further as her eyes welled up. I wiped the tear that fell from her eye.