f i f t y - n i n e

Chris closed his eyes and sighed, running a hand over his now clean shaven face. He had been away filming for around five weeks and he missed Emily and his children like crazy. "I can't take it."
He groaned, rubbing his closed eyes with the palms of his hands.

"You know it'll grow back, right?" Anthony joked with a slight smirk.

"You know what I mean, dick." Chris sat up and threaded his fingers through his hair that was now lighter than usual. "I miss them."

Sebastian put his hand on his friends shoulder and squeezed lightly "We know you do, pal. I miss Shaw. It's all just part of the job."

"Yeah, I know." He stood up and walked over to the table. He grabbed the singular bottle of whiskey that was sat there and could swear it was calling his name. This was the second bottle he had started in four days.

"Don't you think you've had enough, man?" Mackie asked, joining him at the table "just call her. You can't ghost her and then complain that you miss her." Chris let out a deep sigh and rubbed his eyes with his index finger and thumb "what's gotten into you?"

He clenched his jaw and took a swig of the whiskey straight out of the bottle. The amber liquid heated his throat and he grunted. "Just drop it, Mackie."

Anthony and Sebastian exchanged confused looks before he pressed on "You did something stupid, didn't you? I swear to god Chris, if you did anything that would hurt her in the slightest, I will beat your ass."

"I said drop it. Please."

"Chris, what did you do?" Sebastian questioned again.

Chris put down the bottle in his hand and swallowed the lump in his throat. "I called Erin..." he whispered, his frustration turning to guilt. He crossed his arms right across his chest and looked down, his neat hair dropping.

"What...?" Sebastian didn't think he heard correctly until Chris repeated his sentence. "You didn't... cheat on her, did you?"

"No." He shook his head "but I almost did. God I'm so fucking stupid." He laced his fingers into his hair and tried his hardest to not burst out crying in front of his two closest friends. "She's never going to forgive me."

"You have to tell her-" Sebastian said, shaking his head slightly. "If you don't and she finds out on her own, things will be ten times worse."

"You don't think I know that?" He turned back around, grabbing the neck of the bottle and lifted it back up to his lips. He drank the alcohol before biting his top lip. The whites of his blue eyes were red because of the lack of sleep he'd been getting due to the mixture of guilt and whiskey and his voice sounded worn out. He was clearly torn about all of this.

"Call her, man." Mackie held out his phone and shrugged his shoulder "either tell her now, or tell her in person." He patted his shoulder and motioned for Sebastian to leave with him.

••••••

For the next half an hour, Chris paced the trailer with the phone in his hand. He was terrified that he would break down and tell her that he cheated on her, when in actuality he didn't. After taking his fiftieth deep breath he pressed the contact 'My Love' and held the phone to his ear. She picked up after around 3 rings.

"Chris! It's been like two weeks, why haven't you answered any of my calls or messages?" She sounded mad but in a relieved kind of way.

"I'm so sorry, Em." He breathed out, somehow put at peace by the sound of her voice "I've been- Uh- busy... Listen, I've missed you so much and... I'm coming home for a while."

He heard a gasp at the other end of the line "really? When? I've missed you too!"

"I talked to Joe and Anthony. I can get some time off in two day."

"This is amazing..." she sniffed, clearly starting to cry, which broke his heart even more. "I can't wait to see you- I-I really need to see you."

"Yeah..."

"Is everything okay?" She asked "you seem a little off."

"What? Oh, uh, no." He assured "I'm just happy I'm going to be able to see you and the babies again."

He was definitely not ready to lose her. He never would be.

_________________________________________

A/N:

I have one word.

Sorry.

Sorry for two things. One how short the chapter is and two the chapter it's self :)

Also go read my amazing friends stories! They're so fucking good and you won't regret it! Their usernames are below:

-mintieicecreams
lokiandbuckysbitch
-iIIusion
moviehead_always4