f o r t y - o n e

Emily looked over at Chris and Dodger, grinning at the sight. Every so often one of them would let out a small snore, making her heart melt that little bit more.

Chris breathed in and smiled, not opening his eyes "You're staring." He said, his voice low and husky.

"I'm gazing." She corrected.

He opened his eyes slightly and turned his head, looking at his girlfriend through his thick eyelashes "it's creepy."

"It's romantic."

(If you get my reference then ily)

A grin grew on his face and he closed his eyes again, chuckling. "Am I going to wake up to an instagram of me and Dodge asleep?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Emily smiled innocently.

"I am, aren't I?"

"Oh, totally." She laughed.

After a few seconds, Dodger sneezed, startling himself awake. He looked around as if to say "what the hell was that and how dare it disturb my slumber." With a grunt, he stood up and jumped down from the sofa before flopping down in the middle of the carpet, falling back asleep almost instantly. Emily scrunched up her nose at him and chuckled. He was such an odd, little dog, but she wouldn't change anything about him. Her eyes quickly flicked back to her boyfriend. He was already snoring softly again, with a smile at his lips.

"Come here..." He whispered, wiggling his fingers on the hand that Dodger was laid on. "Let me hold you." He always got clingy when he was tired.

With a smile, she crawled over to him. She pulled her body over to the other side of him, keeping her legs where they were. One of his hands were around her back, comfortably set on her hip, the other resting on her thigh. Emily put her hand up, to his face, scratching her fingers through his beard. She turned his head slightly and kissed him, before sitting back and closing her eyes. They both slowly drifted off to sleep in each others arms.

________________________________

Leonie, (The Hemsworth's Mum) yawned, walking down the stairs in her dressing gown. She ran her fingers through the small amount of hair that had began to grow in the space of a few weeks and made her way to the living room. She stopped in the doorway and smiled upon seeing her baby girl asleep in the arms of the man that quite clearly loved her.

"It's cute, isn't it?" Shawnee said quietly, walking behind her and putting an arm around her shoulder. Leonie was like a second mum to her, she and Craig had taken Her and Jack in when their own home wasn't safe for them. "Evans and Emily, I mean."

Leonie smiled and nodded "they're clearly in love." She tilted her head and scanned the two. She saw how comfortable they clearly were with each other. "I just wonder when he's going to use the ring he bought her." She said quite blatantly, making Shawnee choke on air

"The what he what?"

Leonie tapped the side of her nose with a smirk and walked through the door, over to the kitchen to make a herself a coffee.

--------

Chris's eyes slowly opened and he cleared his throat, looking around. He let out a yawn and smiled when he realised he was still on the sofa with Emily curled up in his arms. His smile turned into a grin as he tried to suppress laughter when a small snore escaped from her throat. He placed a kiss on her temple and slowly tried to move her off of him so he could go change. He could hear people in the kitchen so he knew everyone was up. "Where are you going?" Emily asked in a quiet voice, not opening her eyes. "I was comfortable."

Chris laughed and kissed her lips. "It's 9 am." He said and she opened her eyes. His face was still only inches away from hers and he had his hand on her thigh, holding it up by his side "I'm getting up."

"It's 9 am?" She raised her eyebrow and scratched the nape of his neck lightly. "Why are we still out here?"

"Shawnee was using our room to FaceTime Seb, remember?" He explained.

"Our room, huh?" Emily smirked and snaked both of her arms around his neck, leaning up and kissing him. He chuckled against her lips and closed his eyes, kissing back.

"Seriously?" Liam asked from the doorway, causing them to break the kiss. Emily looked over Chris's shoulder and at her twin "c'mon guys." He laughed "there'r kids in the house."

--------

[C = Hemsworth]
[Chris = Evans]

"Do we have to watch this?" Chris asked, a blush stained his cheeks as the television showed him almost completely naked with nothing but a cloth covering up what needed to be covered. It was around 10pm and the kids were in bed so everyone else decided to watch a movie, Shawnee recommenced 'Whats your number?' And Leonie And Craig has never seen it.

"Awh, don't be embarrassed." Shawnee teased, ruffling his hair "you're hot." Liam And C sniggered while Emily rolled her eyes with a laugh, snuggling further into Chris's side.

The movie continued, making Chris cringe even more at the things he had to say. He would have been completely fine if it weren't for her girlfriends parents sat beside him. "Oh god, no..." he groaned as he realised what was coming.

"Oh god, yes, shut up. Shut up." Emily held her hand over his mouth and grinned "I love this bit!"

Collin (Chris's Character) strummed the guitar and began to sing. "You're once, twice, three times a lady. I love you. Yeah, you're once, twice, three times a lady! I love you."

Leonie looked at Chris with a grin "You have a beautiful voice!"

"Yeah, could you sing into my phone?" C teased "I want to set it as my ringtone."

"Shut up, man." Chris laughed "watch the goddamn movie."

--------

"You don't have to stay for Christmas." Emily said, he had his hands on her hips as she ran her fingers through his hair before resting her arms around his shoulders.

"I want to." He smiled and kissed the end of her nose. Making her scrunch it up with a smile.

"What about your family? Don't you want to spend it with them?"

He laughed and looked at her with his gorgeous, blue eyes. "You are my family, Em. Anyway, I'm 36. I'm sure they won't mind me spending Christmas with my girlfriend and her family- not to mention one of your brothers is one of my best friends."

Emily chuckled and got up on her tiptoes, connecting their lips. "I love you, you know that, Evans?"

He smiled and nodded "I love you more."

"Are you guys going to stand there and be all soppy, or are you going to help put the tree up?" C asked, looking to the room.

"Yeah yeah." Em laughed "we're coming, we're coming." She pecked his lips one more time before intertwining her fingers with his and pulling him down the stairs.

________________________________

A/N:

Hey! If you're a little confused at this chapter, it was basically just to show time passing.

I hope you liked it, regardless. :)

Also the 'What's your number?' Thing was because I watched it for like the 7th time last night and I love his singing 🥺😍

Thanks for reading!