t h i r t y - n i n e

[C = Hemsworth]
[Chris = Evans]

"Who's gonna wake them up?" Liam whispered, looking at Chris and Emily sleeping peacefully.

"I'll do it." Shawnee shrugged before grabbing Chris's leg and pulling it slightly to make him feel like he was falling.

He jolted awake, his eyes widening and his body stiffening. His sudden movement also woke, Emily, making her yelp. They looked at each other, then looked at the four people stood, grinning at them.

"I hate you all." She said with an eye roll before cracking a smile. "We're here already?"

"Already?" C scoffed "You two have been asleep for about 10 hours. It's a 17-hour flight."

Chris grinned and rubbed his eyes with a yawn "Yeah well it was a damn good sleep. Wheres dodge?" just as he finished, dodger, Chris's large bubbly puppy, lunged himself forward and onto Chris. He held his paws to his chest and covered him in big, sloppy dog kisses. "Hey, buddy! Hi, Bud" Emily giggled and stroked between his ears, making him pant with happiness.

"He sat on my lap for most of the flight." C sighed with a chuckle "and he's a pretty big dog, so..."

(A/N I know he only got him in 2017 and he was a pup, but just go with it lol)

"Come on," Shawnee said "we should go. I'm sure Luke will be waiting."

Emily grinned and looked at her brothers. It would be the first time seeing him in around a year and a half. "Yeah, lets go."

---------

Getting through customs was simple enough, being celebrities and using a private plane didn't hurt either, but for that reason they were bombarded by paparazzi. Dodger jumped up at one reporter, almost knocking her over, but she just laughed and stroked him as Chris tried to calm him down. He gave her a sincere apology it quickly moved on with the rest of his friends.

C had Sasha under one arm, with Tristan under the other and Elsa was holding India close to her. Liam had an arm draped over Shawnee's shoulder while Emily laced her fingers with Chris's and hugged his forearm.

Eventually, they somehow slipped away from the paparazzi and got closer to where they were supposed to be meeting Luke. "He should be around here somewhere..." Liam said as they looked around for him.

"Hey, Luke!" A familiar voice spoke that everyone, but Chris, immediately recognised. "They're there! I can see them!"

The two emerged from around the corner with grins on their faces. Emily dropped Chris's arm and ran to her brother, engulfing his into a hug "I missed you so much!" She practically squealed. He laughed and hugged her back

"I missed you too."

Shawnee pulled her little brother, Jack into a headlock and rubbed her fist on the top of his head. "get off!" He laughed, lightly hitting her arm.

The next 5 or so minutes were spent saying hello and welcome back. C handed a child to Luke and they all made their way back to the Hemsworth house.

---------

"She's quite fragile at the minute." Luke explained, holding Tristan in his arms "I don't want you to be... shocked... when you see her..."

Emily bit her lip and squeezed Chris's hand "yeah... yeah okay..." she breathed in and they all entered the house. "Mum? Dad?" She called out.

She heard a noise from around the corner and her mum tumbled around with a grin plastered on her face. "My babies!" She cried, pulling Em, Liam, C and Shawnee into a hug. "I missed you all!"