e l e v e n

Chris sat on the sofa, next to where Emily was with her legs crossed and her shoulders tensed. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking over at her with a raised eyebrow

"Yeah, uh- I'm fine. I just don't usually watch horror films" She chuckled awkwardly, placing her hands on her ankles.

Chris laughed softly with a smile "Come here then, I'll protect you." He reached out his arm, motioning for her to come closer. Emily bit the inside of her lip and shuffled up, positioning her body beside Chris. He draped his arm over her shoulder and held her close to his side before she placed her hand gently onto his stomach. She felt him flinch as she did so and saw the corner of his bottom lip move between his teeth, his eyes fixated on the screen. The whole thing wasn't- awkward as such, but... new. The pair had both had feeling for each other for quite some time but they were afraid to act on them, with their friendship being the cost.

Over the next three quarters of an hour the two got more comfortable being so close to each other. Emily's head was on Chris's chest, her hand was on his abs and his hand was on her hip. Without saying anything, Chris looked down at Emily with a smile at his lips. She could feel him staring so she moved her head so she was looking at him

"Is everything okay?" She asked, Sitting back slightly

"Everything's perfect." He responded, causing Emily to smile and nod before putting her head back on his chest, returning her focus to the film.

Another ten minutes passed when a scene in the movie made Emily jump. Her whole body tensed up and she clutched the shirt at Chris's stomach. Chris couldn't hold back a laugh, making Emily push herself off of the actor "it's not funny!" She huffed and crosses her arms "I get scared really easily."

"You're right. It's not funny." He nodded and bit his lip to hide a laugh.

A smile creeped across Emily's face and she looked at Chris through her eyelashes. "We shouldn't do this..." she said in a small voice and Chris's smile faded

"Why not?" He asked and shuffled closer to her, putting his hand on her bare thigh, sending a shiver through her body. "Em, I've wanted this ever since I met you. Watching what you went through with Kole only made me want to show you how you deserve ti be treated even more." Emily sighed and looked down at Chris's hand, causing her hair to fall into her face "let me treat you right." He tucked the strands behind her ear and guided her head up so she was looking at him again "we can take it slow."

"No labels?" She asked

"Not yet."

Emily bit her lip and took a deep breath "okay." She whispered before pushing herself onto her knees, leaning over and kissing him. His medium length but well groomed beard scratched her face, and she chuckled agains his lips, making him do the same. He put his hands on her waist and laid back into the sofa, not breaking the kiss.

"Are we telling the cast about this?" He whispered before attaching his lips to hers again

"Not yet" she answered "let's see where it goes first."

—————————

They didn't watch the rest of the film and you can probably guess why. They didn't take things too far, but they both loved every second of it nonetheless (and both of their shirts got thrown across the room in the process). Eventually they ended up falling asleep in each other's arms.

When morning came neither of them woke up on time. Chris's alarm didn't sound and both of their phones were turned off so nobody could contact them. Joe sent Anthony to go and get Chris and Chris Hemsworth to go get his sister.

Mackie didn't even knock before using the spare card Chris had given him in case of emergencies to get into the room. "Hey, Chris." He said walking into the apartment "wake up sleeping beau-" a smirk formed on his face when he saw Chris and Emily both asleep on the sofa

"WAKE UP!" He yelled, causing the two to jump and Emily to fall off of the sofa with a thud

"What the hell?" Chris groaned, sitting up on his elbows and squinting at the light "Mackie?"

Emily pushed herself up and rubbed her head. "You might want to cover up." Mackie said throwing her his jacket.

"Oh god..." She groaned and put on Anthony's jacket, zipping it up. "Mackie, please don't say anything about this to the others..."

"I won't. But you need to come up with a damn good excuse." He said, crossing his arms "the Russo's are pissed."

"Huh? What time is it?" Chris asked rubbing his eyes

"12"