f i f t y - f o u r

Emily read the comment and her heart dropped. "Chris-" she whimpered and handed him the phone, holding a sleeping Violet in her free arm.

She watched his expression change from tired to anger. "What the hell does he think he's doing?"

"I can't deal with this..." she placed her daughter in the cot next to Kayden, before walking over to Chris and sliding her arms around his waist and resting her head in the front of his shoulder "not now."

"I know, darling." He kissed the top of her head before furrowing his eyebrows "Where's Shaw? Do you know?"

"She's probably at work, why?" Emily pulled away with a confused look on her face "is everything okay?"

"I-I don't know..." he frowned "I just got this really strange feeling..." he turned around and pulled out his phone, pressing Shawnee's contact. He held the phone up to his ear and it rang three times before she picked up

"Hey, Chris. What's up?" She asked. She sounded breathy, as if she was walking.

"Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm just walking home from work. I'm a few blocks away. Why?"

"I don't know, I just got a strange feeling." He frowned and Emily hooked her arm through his, kissing his shoulder.

"Awh, are you worried about me?" He could bear her smirk from the other end of the line "you really don't need to be. I have my pepper spray, my keys and it's only just dark. I'm fine. I promise."

"Alright, well as long as you're careful. Call me as soon as you get back, okay?"

"I will, don't worry about-" Shawnee was cut off by the sound of a gun. She screamed. The line went dead.

"SHAWNEE NO!"

"Chris what the fuck was that?" Emily backed away from her fiancé, tears prickling her eyes "Christopher! What- was- THAT?"

He didn't answer, he just dialled one more number and held the phone to his ear

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Hi- my friend, she was shot, I-" he could feel himself about to break. But his words were enough to make Emily shut down completely. She couldn't hear a word that came out of his mouth. She couldn't loose her. Not now. She fell back, but was stopped by a wall. Sobs burned her throat as Chris continued to talk to the operator, explaining the situation, pacing the room. "Thank you so much." He nodded, biting the nail on his thumb "thank you. Yes, I understand. Okay." The phone hung up. "Emily-" he ran to her side, falling to his knees and wrapping his large arms around her. Even Dodger knew something was wrong because he had placed his head in her thigh and was whimpering up at them.

"I-I Can't-" she sobbed out, clutching Chris's hoodie at the chest. "Chri-s I- can't..."

He bit the inside of his cheek and nodded against the top of her head. "I know... they're going to find her... she's going to be okay..."

_________________________________________

s h a w n e e

She was helpless and in excruciating pain. She mustered up the strength to lift her head and look down at her side only to find a ruby red liquid pooling beneath her. "Crap..." she whimpered and let her head fall back to the cobblestone of the alleyway. She knew she was going to die, she just didn't know when.

"You know," a deep voice spoke beside her "this wouldn't be happening if that best friend of yours wasn't such a bitch."

"She's n-ot a b-itch..." she spat, before wincing at the immense pain shooting through her body. A tear rolled down her cheek and she closed her eyes.

"Drop the weapon!" A loud, reassuring voice spoke though a megaphone. "And put your hands where we can see them!"

They found her. They didn't give up on her.

Kole cursed under his breath, before slowly turning around. He took one look at who was there, four women. Easy. He quickly lifted the gun and bang! He fell to the floor. A bullet through his chest sent him backwards. "Karma's- a... bitch..." Shawnee smiled with her eyes closed

Before anyone could say another word, paramedics ran towards Shawnee, coming to her much needed aid. She squeezed her eyes shut and laughed through the pain, tears still streaming down her face. "You're going to be fine, Miss." A woman spoke "what's your name?"

"Shaw-nee..." she let out a scream as pressure was applied to her wound.

"Your friends have been worried sick about you Shawnee."

She chuckled and squeezed the paramedics hand. "So paranoid. I told them I'd be- fine-"

_________________________________________

A/N:

I'M SO SORRY

DON'T HATE ME