s i x t e e n

Emily grabbed her leather jacket and tiptoed out of her room, trying her hardest not to wake a sleeping Shawnee.

"And where do you think you're going?" The blonde asked, sitting up on the sofa

"Shit, I thought you were asleep." Emily sighed, easing her shoulders as she didn't need to sneak anymore.

"We were texting literally 10 minutes ago." Shaw rolled her eyes and then tilted her head "seriously, where are you going? It's like one in the morning."

"I-I'm just... Going to get some milk...?"

"At this time?" She laughed "I don't think so... You're going out with Evans, aren't you?"

Emily looked down at her feet and bit her lip. She could feel her cheeks starting to burn. "Yeah-" she started making Shaw squeal "We're just going for a drive. He couldn't sleep and I couldn't sleep..."

"Be safe." Shawnee smiled

"Thank you..." Em sighed "For not making a big deal out of this."

"Go have fun."

___________

"Hey..." Emily said, slowly walking closer to Chris.

"Hey." He returned. He was leant on his car with his arms crossed. The shirt he was wearing hugged his torso, highlighting his perfectly toned stomach. He also wore a pair of jeans and a jacket that clung to him. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah." Emily answered with a smile before Chris opened the car door, stepping aside allowing her to get in. "Why thank you" She laughed and ducked into the car. Once Chris was also in she turned to him and tilted her head. "So, where are we actually going?"

"That's a surprise" he smirked and turned on the engine.

After about five minutes of silent driving, Emily glanced over at Chris. His complete focus was on the road "What are we?" She asked, quietly.

"Huh?" He hummed, quickly looking at the Hemsworth and then back at the road

She took a deep breath and repeated her question, but louder. "What are we? I mean, we make out - a lot - we watch movies together, we cuddle... I know we said no labels... but..."

"You're ready for something more?" Chris finished, a smile tugging at his lips

"Yeah... I think so." The car fell silent once more. Emily's cheeks began to burn. What if she's just ruined one of the best things in her life? She looked down at her knees and sighed "just forget I said anything."

She was about to pull out her phone to distract herself from the awkward tension filling the car when she felt a hand take her own. Chris laced his fingers with hers and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. "I'm ready too."

___________

"How about we take a walk?" Chris asked with a smile "there's a cute little cafe that opens 11pm to 9am just down the road from here."

"That's really strange." Emily laughed

"It's strange, but the family that own it are nice enough." He shrugged, making you grin

"Let's go."

When Chris parked up and the two of them got out of the car, Emily laced her fingers with his, making him smile down at her. The street was completely empty and everything was dimly lit by streetlights. "It's quite peaceful, isn't it?" Chris stated, rubbing the back of Emily's hand with his thumb.

"Yeah..." She answered, kind of zoned out. She stopped and stood in front of Chris, holding her hands on his waist "Chris?"

"Yeah?" He raises his eyebrow I'm curiosity

"In the car-" she continued, "you only sort of answered my question. What are we, exactly...?"

"Well- I don't really know." He moved his hands to hers and laced there fingers together once again before moving closer to her hand kissing her "I'd love to be able to call you mine and only mine."

"I'd love that too." She moved closer to him again and connected their lips, kissing him more passionately than the last time.

________________________________

This took way too long to update and I'm sorry 😬

Also, shameless self promotion lmao. I have 2 other stories, one is an Avengers/Marvel preferences and imagines, the other is a Tom Holland {Social Media}. I would really appreciate it if you checked them out!

Also, thank you so much for 1k reads! I know it isn't much but I really appreciate all of you! 💗