NESSA ANSWERS QUESTIONS

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Thanks for the lovely cover made by @guyswithguitars (in the media section) 

Q/A for my lovely friends :)

(If I don't answer all the questions and you're still curious to know something, definitely comment on this q/a or post on my message board)

I altered some questions just a tad (so it's not exactly word for word).

~~~~~

How did you write this book and how did you get ideas?

(This is my longest answer lol)

Within the first week that I got my Wattpad account, I read about 8 books (I was obsessed). After reading the normal happy ending/heart-wrenching stories, I decided to pull up a blank Word doc on my laptop. At first I had no idea why I did that. Then I started thinking about an ending (the one that ended up being the last few chapters of this book.) A title just randomly popped up into my head and it stuck on. I wrote a small excerpt, a quote and a little bit of dialogue that I fell in love with. I took a picture of it and texted it to my friend. After that, she told me to start writing because she really wanted to read it, and that got me more motivated to write. After I finished about three chapters, I decided to post it on Wattpad. After I typed up a few more of my chapters, I decided to start hand-writing them into a blue notebook that I found at home. It was easier for me because I was always out and about and because I couldn't bring my laptop everywhere. I brought the notebook everywhere I went and recently I just found it. I wrote Will's letter from Chapter 33 in it when I was still writing Chapter 6. I started jotting down ideas from songs, movies, books, daydreams, reality. Sometimes it was very hard for me to think of where or how to go on after a chapter, but normally at night when I was alone, ideas just flowed naturally to me. 

If you're trying to write but you keep getting writer's block, I would recommend to take a small notebook/pen and go outside (whether it's your backyard, park, cafe, etc) alone and just listen to music that fits the mood of your story. Ideas will definitely come to mind. Or just go through Instagram quote accounts and scroll through some of them. I went through a lot of sad quote accounts while writing this.

Why did you decide Will was perfect for Ashley and not Anthony?

Anthony without a doubt is a very sweet character--but he isn't the main character of this story. There were a few shippers of Anthley, but majority of the readers read this story because of Will and Ashley. I just thought that once you fall for someone, it's hard to fall in love with another person because you will forever look for/want someone who reminds you of the first person. Anthony and Will are different, and Ashley (in my opinion) will never be able to think of Anthony as anything more than a friend (especially since Will's girlfriend cheated on him with Anthony). Will and Ashley went through much more together than Anthony and Ashley ever did.

Robert's story?

Robert is Will's friend who Ashley bumps into in the epilogue. If I write a spin-off, then Will is probably going to be the only character that will be in that story. I have a feeling that if I write a sequel, he'll definitely be showing up.

How should the readers imagine Will and Ashley's future?

However you want. I know most readers want them to live happily ever after. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. Everyone will have a different opinion on what happens. 

Will there be a sequel? (answer updated in Feb. 2021).

(Currently) No. I just don't have the time or the inspiration. I am in the process of rewriting/reinventing the story because I have so much love for this story and the characters that I'd love for it to grow beyond Wattpad in the future. (Which is why I'd like to omit a couple scenes that are just so unbelievable and unrealistic, and add a bit more plot and character development). If  I am happy about the outcome of my rewritten story, then I will consider building on that and writing the sequel. For now, feel free to come up with your own ending :)

~~~~~

Thank you guys for 50,000 reads. 

After I post this, I will mark this story officially as 'complete'. This has been so far the greatest writing experience I've ever encountered. I've learned so much and progressed so much. My first completed book.

If you guys enjoyed reading "Someone Like Him", please recommend others/friends to read this :)

Follow.Vote.Commet.Add this book to your reading list :)

If you have the time, please go back and vote if you haven't! We are close to 3,000 votes! :) (help me out silent readers) ^.^

love, nessa