Chapter 22

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 22 :)

~~~~~

The fact that I used to cringe while watching couples go out on dates makes me realize that I wasn't cringing with disgust. I was cringing with disgust with a very tiny bit of jealousy. I realized that just this morning while getting ready. I was always envious towards other people who had a somewhat better life than me, a happier life.

I'm not even sure what "being happy" means, but I think that it's doing what you want, not what others want.

Dating seems a bit awkward to me. It basically means two people going out somewhere and just having fun. I've been thinking a lot about where Will is taking me, but I don't really mind what we do. Today's finally the day, and I'm pretty excited. He texted me in the morning that he'd pick me up at 5 in the afternoon. Kate decided to come over before the date to have some girl-talk and help me out with what to wear.

And if you know Kate, you'd know that she will go over every possibility that can happen.

<><><><><><>

"Now, since you're literally leaving in about 20 minutes, I'll summarize everything for you," she says to me with wide eyes after her long lecture.

I nod slowly, trying to focus on her words, not at the fact that I'm actually going on a date with Will in less than an hour.

"Ashley, you're going to stand your ground, be cool, be chill, be nice, be kind, and be sweet." I raise an eyebrow.

"Kate, those were literally the same things. There's no difference between chill or cool, or nice, kind and sweet," I groan while she pouts her lips.

"I don't know. I kind of blanked out so I just said the first thing that popped up in my mind," she says shrugging. I sigh and shake my head.

"Oh Kate, you really are a blonde."

"Okay, stop. You're going to have so much fun. First dates are usually awkward. Just try to get to know him more, like ask him deeper questions and try to figure him out. Boys are really hard to figure out," she blabbers on.

I laugh at her weirdness, "Whatever you say, Kate."

And then after a little bit of more unnecessary talking, she leaves and I wait for Will to ring my doorbell.

While I sit and ponder about what can happen, it suddenly hits me that I, Ashley Collins, am going on a date. Not just any date. My first date with Will.

But it's not that it's the first date that makes me nervous yet excited. It's the fact that Will Lawrence makes me nervous and excited.

I prance around my room trying to lessen my nervousness. I check my outfit and makeup one more time to make sure it looks fine. He didn't tell me where we're going, so I decided to keep it simple with a pair of black skinny jeans and a light blue sweater. I paired the outfit with my brown combat boots and kept my makeup simple and my hair natural. Glancing at the mirror, I start to feel like I'm going to ruin everything or embarrass myself. Thoughts form in my head, which usually happens when I get nervous.

I check my phone and wait impatiently for time to pass until Will comes. I groan as I painfully wait for ten minutes to pass until he comes. While waiting, I search for a small purse and throw some money, my phone, and my chapstick in it.