Chapter 15

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 15

The usual morning announcements blare through the speakers. "Good morning students. Don't forget Homecoming is in one week. Tickets are twenty-five dollars. Don't miss out and bring a date!"

I silently groan and slouch in my seat. Kate hasn't been bringing up whether she found me a date or not. I'm kind of having a negative feeling the whole "perfect date" idea.

It's been a week since the football game. Anthony has been ignoring me the whole time. I returned his jersey on Monday, but he barely even looked at me. Even in class, he won't acknowledge my existence. I guess he's not as great as I thought he was.

I was hoping he might ask me to homecoming, since he did tell me he has a huge crush on me. But now that I think of it, I doubt he even really liked me at all.

I told my parents that I got hit with a softball, and that's why my face is bruised up. I'm surprised they actually bought it. I guess that makes me realize that either I'm a very good liar, or they really don't care. I'm secretly hoping that it's the first reason, not the second one.

English class is as boring as can be, and I still haven't gotten my "You are..." poem. Mr. Smith specifically told us that everyone got a letter, but I have this sad bubble forming inside me, telling me that I won't get a letter.

'Kate and Nate' is now officially a thing. It all started when he called her name from across the hall and ran up to her. I was standing with Kate at her locker when I heard his voice. He came running to us and shyly but somewhat coolly asked for her number. Even though it has only been a week, they are quite talked about at our school. He already asked her to homecoming by surprising her with a gigantic stuffed bear and a poster that wrote "Katie-Bear, Will you be my Homecoming Date?" It was absolutely adorable, but I can't help but feel like she's going to grow distant with me since she has a boyfriend now.

I on the other hand have no spark in my love-life since I don't even have one, and I have been failing my recent tests. My life currently sucks and it does seem to be making me want to curl up into a ball and cry in a corner.

Celine has been out of my way recently. I went to school on Monday with a faint (almost disappearing) bruise. She obviously noticed but surprisingly she didn't make any type of nasty comment, which I'm utterly grateful for.

And last but not least, Will. He's been acting a bit odd around me. I wonder if I said anything wrong to him. There is a part of me that agrees that I like him, but now, he's always off and about. We haven't been talking a lot recently, but I'm sure it's because he's busy. My thoughts still always wander to the notes that I read when Kate and I looked through his backpack. Why was I in two of them? Does that mean that I mean something to him? Or does that mean I was just coincidentally another person to write about. The note about his heart beating fast made me confused. Did he mean to say that he felt my heart beating fast?

Questions swarm my brain and I just don't know any of the answers.

I snap out of my thoughts when the bell rings. I gather my books in my bag and look around the room. I watch Will exit the room hurriedly and sigh when he's gone.