Chapter 33(e)

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

LAST CHAPTER FOR 2014. IT'LL BE 2015 IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES FOR ME.

There will be one more chapter after this, and then an epilogue (that I just finished writing) :)

Show some love for this book and pressed the vote button please.

LISTEN TO THE SONG IN THE MEDIA. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS SONG, LISTEN TO IT WHILE READING.

Chapter 33

I throw the empty tissue box to the corner of my room and let out a loud sigh. I open up a new box and grab a tissue, blowing my nose vigorously into it.

He's gone.

He's been gone.

And it has taken me one week of his absence to finally hit reality that he won't be coming back.

He never even said a goodbye to me.

I rub my eyes—which are probably puffy and red.

I say "probably" because I haven't gotten out of my room for almost two days. I refuse to eat and refuse to shower. My parents are always shooed out of my room when they try to come and comfort me.

I know that's a horrible thing to do, but I cannot talk to anyone.

I throw my blanket aside and let the cold air hit my legs. I swing my legs off the bed and stand up on the cold floor.

Even though I'm having a breakdown, I still have school tomorrow—and I have to go to distract myself from thinking about Will.

Will Lawrence

His name hurts my head and heart. His last words to me hit me hard. He hasn't contacted me, and I haven't contacted him either. I've been continually staring at my phone, only to be disappointed with no notifications from him.

I walk over to my backpack and reach down for my English textbook.

English was my favorite class with him—because that was the class that Will and I would joke around the most in.

I heave a sigh and open the textbook to a random page.

I stare at the grammar homework on there and flip to the next page, unamused.

I pick up the whole book and flip through the pages. As I flip through the book, I see a flash of white and quickly go back to where I once was.

I stare at a small white envelope placed between two pages. I pick up the envelope and turn it around.

To Ashley
From Will

I know already that this is his handwriting before I even read his name. I quickly open up the envelope and pull out a neatly folded letter inside.

I stare at the sharp edges of the paper and contemplate on whether now is a good time to read it. It might end up causing more sadness or hurt for me.

My curious mind gets to me and I end up opening it and reading it.

It's a full piece of paper, all hand-written. I feel my own eyes tear up while I stare at his lovely writing.

Dear Ashley,