Chapter 21

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 21 *super sorry for the long wait!* School sucks -_-

I clutch my English textbook tightly as I walk from my locker to class. Tomorrow is the day that I'll be going on the first official date with Will, and I've been hyperventilating every time I think about it.

Honestly, when school started, I never thought that I would go out with someone or even fall for a boy. I'm definitely breaking my promise with the whole "no distractions" rule, because the last time I checked, liking Will is a huge distraction.

I know that getting distracted isn't exactly the greatest idea ever, but just spending time with him makes me happy, and I think it's very important to be happy.

I clear all the bad thoughts from my mind and continue walking down the hall. The bell didn't ring yet, but since I have nowhere to go, I decided to get to class earlier.

When I'm about to make a turn into the classroom, someone grabs my left arm and spins me around.

I get a glimpse of blonde hair and green eyes before I quickly dart my eyes to the ground. Anthony.

I have been keeping my distance from Anthony ever since Homecoming night. Why? I don't really have an answer for that.

I guess a little bit of guilt rushes through me when I think about him and what happened with him and Emma. I'm not sure if it was partly my fault, but I never wanted him to get hurt.

While I'm staring awkwardly at my feet, Anthony breaks the silence.

"Hi," he says, his voice slightly cracking. I adjust the grasp on my textbook and slowly lift my head.

"Hey," I reply, meeting his gaze. My eyes widen and a lump forms in my throat.

His face looks pale. There are bags under his eyes. He looks tired, as if he hasn't slept. His whole complexion looks horrible. As I examine his face, I furrow my brows.

"Are you okay?" I ask him worriedly, watching him all hunched and brittle-like.

"I'm f-" he pauses and stares at me for a second before dropping his gaze to the ground. Things have definitely happened. I watch him as he tries to keep everything leveled and balanced, but I can see him breaking a little.

"No," he says, slightly shaking his head, "I'm not."

I purse my lips and he continues to talk.

"You want to know something?" he asks me, smiling and forcing a small laugh at the end while still looking anywhere except at me.

"I thought that going out with another girl could help me get over you." I stare at him while his eyebrows knot together and his eyes are still glued to the ground.

"I realized that trying to get over if probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to do. Getting over you is harder than that Chemistry test that everyone failed last month. It's harder than trying to tackle a pro-football player. It's-It's hard," he says, finally raising his head to look at me, "because I have a pathetic crush on you."

I bite my bottom lip to stop myself from saying anything.

He shuts his eyes and sighs. When he opens his eyes, I see hurt flash through them.