Chapter 27

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 27

1 month later

It's been a month since the day Will gave me the bracelet. Ever since then, I've been wearing it.

While I've been wearing it, almost every day, something about him comes up to my mind.

Exactly 31 days.

It's January now. New year, new plans right?

School's been pretty normal, but today is the day that I've been feeling a bit sick and nauseous. Kate and I are talking about what movies to watch for our next sleepover, but my head continues to pound as she speaks each word.

While I'm walking down the school hallway with Kate with my textbook in my hand, my mind starts to spin and I get very dizzy. The school and people around me soon become blurry and everything around me stops.

Suddenly while I close my eyes, a collage—almost—forms before me and all I see is Will.

I see him at the principal's office—the first day I met him. He gives me a small half-smile and then the image disappears and I see him again, but this time it's him laying down on the grass with me next to him. He points up to a star but I keep my eyes on him. He turns to me and stares at me before he washes away before me. I stand behind Will at a football field. I see him and Max—Emma's brother—having a heated conversation about me.

He and Max fade away and I'm now standing on a large stage, where in front of me I see someone in a snowman costume. He gives me a small wave before slowly taking off the head piece. I take short staggered breaths as he turns over a poster that reads, "Will you be my date to Homecoming?" He and the poster vanishes and I'm outside the school in a blue dress, drenched in a foul smelling liquid. I'm running down the sidewalk as fast as I can and someone grabs my arm and pulls me into a tight hug. I hear myself mutter, "I'm covered in mop water." I then hear Will's voice next to me saying, "I don't care."

His warmth turns into a cold water as I'm drenched at the beach, watching Will laugh in front of me. I find myself laughing along. Suddenly the beach leaves the image and I'm at my front porch, staring at Will. I don't know what comes over me, but as he turns around to leave, I grab his shirt, pull him to me, and press my lips on him. As I lean back and mutter a quick, "Bye," he pulls me back in and kisses me one more time—this time better and sweeter.

My house is now nowhere in sight and my music is blasting heavily in my ears. Lacy's runs off and her leash leaves my fingers. I look up from my phone and to see where she's running. And before I can read what's happening, I turn to my right and face a car that's coming full speed at me—

"Ashley! Oh my god, Ashley!" I hear someone screaming next to me, shaking my arm.

I open my eyes painfully and find myself on the floor of the hallway, my head pounding.

My gaze turns to the side and I see Kate next to me, freaking out. "What happened?" my throat hurting as I speak. I bring my hand up to my forehead.

"We were just walking to class and then suddenly you dropped your textbook and fainted," she says, her voice breaking.

I groan as she helps me up slowly. "Kate, I think I need to go home."

<><><><><><>