Chapter 4 - News Flash

Start from the beginning

Uh, I am just getting evidence that you make lumpy pancakes in every time period." Nora answered as she finished take photos.

Let's try it out." Barry spoke up, taking a bite out of the pancakes. I turned to my husband and saw him smiling.

Barry turned to me as I ate and fed Baby Nora. "Mmm, Lumpy, but delicious." He commented.

Yeah?" I smiled. "Oh, thanks, babe." I chuckled and then I turned to Nora. "I'm sorry, when did you get a phone?"

Uh, Dad got it for me a couple days ago," Nora answered.

"Mm-hmm," Barry added as he is eating the pancakes proudly.

I gave him my serious look as I was continuing to feed Baby Nora.

"Nora suggested it," Barry stated. "I mean, I thought it was a great idea. We're always in and out of S.T.A.R. Labs, so I just—you know, it'd be easier to text and call."

I finished feeding Baby Nora and stopped for a second and started cutting the pancakes. "Yeah," that totally makes sense." I simply replied as I was cutting the pancakes tightly as the silverware clattered lightly.

"You guys excited to cheer me on at the charity softball game?" Barry asked as he changed the subject.

"Softball, schway," Nora commented.

Baby Nora giggled when Barry mentioned softball. I smiled at my future and presently daughter.

"I just hope I don't get stuck in right field this year," Barry muttered.

Nora's cell phone chimes and vibrates.

"You, uh, gave your number out already?" I asked Nora.

"Yeah, just to the team and Sherloque," Nora responded. "Actually, this text message, I think, is from him." And she showed her phone to Barry.

I managed to take a look at her phone, yet Nora put it away.

Barry chuckles. "I don't think he's much of a texter," He referred to Sherloque.

Nora chuckles. "No," She said. "He wants us to come to S.T.A.R Labs. I'm gonna go get ready." Nora stood up from her chair.

"You haven't had anything to eat yet," I told my daughter.

"Mm, I'm not really a breakfast person" Nora said as she walked away.

I sigh and put my hands on my forehead. I shook my head and turned to Barry. "You know, I thought having her here," I told him and looked at Baby Nora. "We would finally have a chance to connect, But it's like every time we take a half-step forward, we end up taking six steps back,"

"I-I mean, don't give up, She'll come around. I have a feeling." Barry told me.

"Yeah," I smiled and grabbed Baby Nora out of her feeding table and chair, and put her in my lap, and started to eat a piece of pancake I made but it was terrible. "Well, not if I keep making food like that."

"Hey, no, this really is good," Barry said. "It is. I mean it's a little, like..."

I looked at Barry. "Wait, wait, stop," I said to Barry as I hold Baby Nora on my hip. I stood up from my chair and grabbed his plate. "Just stop."