Chapter 3 - The death of Vibe

Start from the beginning

Hello there." I greeted him.

Hey." He greeted back.

What are you doing?" I asked as Baby Nora smiled when she saw Cisco.

I was just trying to get Barry's new suit into this ring. Oh, it's... it's tiny." Cisco replied before he turned to me and noticed Baby Nora. "Hey, there cutie."

A smile spread across my lips as I passed Baby Nora to Cisco. She immediately smiled when she in his arms. I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him. "Yeah, you weren't watching old holograms of Gypsy."

Why would I be doing that?" Cisco questioned, placing Baby Nora up to his chest.

Because you miss her." I simply replied.

We just had something special." Cisco quickly told me. "Shouldn't it have work? Of course now it's not so special anymore now she's just rattlin' around inside my head."

I'm sorry this is so hard for you. But it's okay that you are stilling thinking about her." I told my best friend.

Cisco looked up to me. I don't think you understand, Sarah! I mean, she's literally inside my head. I can't vibe. Everything I vibe connects to her. I put some music on, I hear her voice singing along. I'm painting my figurines, I see her face on Captains Kirk's body. He explained before he stood up and looked around the room. "Do you smell that? Of course you don't. Cause that's her perfume and the only one smelling it."

I was confused before than it hit me. Of course. Your powers linked you guys over pan dimensional spacetime, so it makes complete sense that your vibe echoes would still be..."

Connecting us to each other." Cisco said, cutting me off. "Yeah, I know. Thank you for the diagnosis."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. You don't need a doctor. You need a friend."

I'm sorry. I'm just.... I'm a mess." Cisco told me

Oh, perfect. Been looking for you two." I turned around, seeing Ralph and my older sister walking into the workshop. I noticed Ralph holding the death certificate. Caitlin informed me that our father's death certificate was forged. "We need to talk. I've hit a real wall trying to figure out who forged this death certificate, so I was thinking maybe Cisco could give this a little bit of a... 'zz'." He said.

Cisco gently passed my Baby Nora and sat back down at the table. "Cisco is not available right now. Please leave a message." He said.

Oh, hey, Cisco, it's Ralph. Hope you are doing well. Just get back to me. I need you to vibe this as soon as possible. Bye, bye." Ralph said, leaving a message which made me smile a little.

Handing Baby Nora over to Caitlin, I smiled when Nora giggled. I than grabbed the certificate out of Ralph's hands. "Ralph, um, Cisco can't vibe right now, so we're just gonna have to deal with this little later."

Why can't he vibe right now? What's going on?" Ralph asked me.

I hesitated for a moment before replying. "Because we need to help him get over Gypsy. I mean, like you said, Cisco gets his vibe back, we can crack this case."

Cisco pulled his knees up to his chest and placed his head inbetween them. "Please, stop caring about me."

Ralph, I mean, you don't have any ideas about how to help a man get over a heartbreak, do you?" Caitlin asked him.

Oh, my god, you stop it, girl. You know I have plenty." Ralph replied with a smirk before walking over to Cisco. "Cisco, you wanna know why I'm the perfect guy to help you get over this and get back into the game of love? Because trust me, buddy, nobody, I mean nobody, has been kicked out of that more than me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cecile and Joe were taking care of Baby Nora while Cisco, Caitlin, Ralph and I were currently in Ralph's office. The three of us were trying to find a way to help Cisco get better over his brake up.

Ralph slammed a book on his desk. "The of Ralph." Caitlin announced.

Yep, and we are gonna start with a page of Ralph cause he's nowhere near ready for this whole book." Ralph said, opening the book, grabbing a page out of it and placed it down in front of Cisco.

Caitlin, Cisco and I looked down at the page. Ralph's Dibny's 27 steps to getting over the love of your life'." Cisco read out before looking up at Ralph and raised his eyebrows. "Are you kidding me with this?"

We just want to help you get past Gypsy." My older sister replied.

Yeah, and if this has worked for Ralph-" I started but was cut off by Ralph.

Multiple times I will add." Ralph added, pointing it out.

Then we thing it's worth trying." I finished my sentence before turning to Ralph. "Come on, what's step one?"

Shark cage diving." Ralph replied.

Caitlin stared at him as she furrowed her eyebrows. What's step two?" She asked.

Affirmations." Ralph replied with a sigh.

Okay." Cisco said as he looked down at he paper. Ralphy is kind. Ralphy is great. Ralphy is a brilliant detective."

Yeah, buddy, I mean, I know all that. But it works a lot better if you use your name instead." Ralph told him

Cisco is creative. Cisco is good. Cisco is smarter than you average bear." He read out before looking up at Ralph in shock. "That's Yogi's. You stole Yogi's affirmation."

Yeah, I did, cause it's a winner. You don't see him moping over any lady bears." Ralph responded

Okay, you know what, Caitlin and Sara? I changed my mind, alright? I... I don't care about the Gypsy vibes. I'll just muscle through them, let's just help you with your thing and just get me the hell out of here, please?" Cisco asked Caitlin and I.

No, Cisco, after Ronnie and Jay you helped me get back past it. Now it's my turn to help you." Caitlin told him.

I nodded, agreeing with my sister. "Cisco, you're basically my brother. I would do anything to help for family." I told him, smiling.

Caitlin picked up the paper and started looking through the list. "We don't have time to find ourselves in Thailand. And we are certainly not watching 'Beaches' while painting each other toes."

That's a really important one, though." Ralph added.

But step twelve isn't so bad." Caitlin said, passing Cisco the list.

Holy Kafka." Cisco exclaimed softly, looking at the step.

Come on, Cisco, change is good." Caitlin pointed out.

He sighed and placed the paper down. "No, no, no. Change is pain."

It's not as painful as seeing you like this, buddy." Ralph responded.

Fine." Cisco said before he stood up from the chair. Whatever you say, doc."