|ghost of you|

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
𝑆𝑜 𝐼 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑑𝑜
𝐷𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒
𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛
𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ
𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒
𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐲 𝟓 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫
⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Three years is a long time, so much can happen during those years. In three years so little could change as well, but change is change. Change also brings people closer or makes them do irrational things like pushing people away.

And three years to the date in an apartment building kitchen Karolina stood hands on a counter looking down at a plate of freshly made vegan scrambled eggs. From behind a raven-haired girl wraps her arms around the short-haired blonde and says, "My feelings won't be hurt. You wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing." Karolina smiles looking to her side at her girlfriend who was resting her head on her shoulder, "I'm just not hungry."

"Is it because of today?" Julie asks making Karolina stay silent, "The anniversary? Three years, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Karolina somberly says turning to look at her girlfriend with a smile, "It's really nice of you to remember."

"Come here," Julie says making Karolina turn so the two could be facing each other the raven-haired girls still wrapped around her torso 

"We all pledged to move on, to try to lead normal lives. Which means having a future... with you." Karolina whispers looking at the eyes of the women she loves

"Sounds like another way of saying you're in denial. Which probably is normal, but it isn't healthy." Julie analyzes making Karolina purse her lips and for Julie to chuckle, "I'm sorry, okay, you're the one who chose to do the psych major, so..."

"I'll see you later," Karolina replies before turning around to grab her backpack and head on to UCLA for her college class of the day

~~

Later in the day on the lawn of Atlas Academy the dance team was practicing their new dance routine with the cheer captain counting them in. In a braided ponytail, a senior high school student Molly was instructing her team to better improve their dancing in a fun and supportive way. From telling Brianna to lower her hips to be in sync with the rest of the team or ensuring Christina who was going to be sent in the air flying for the first time without mats on the ground. 

After a successful practice, Molly sits on a blue plastic bench out on the lawn packing up her duffle bag when one of her team members walks to sit next to her. The young teen sits with rosy cheeks, "We're really gonna miss you when you graduate, Molly. The whole school is."

"Oh, thanks. I love being part of all this." Molly says looking around at the school's campus, "Especially this team. It's a dream come true, really."

"Maybe you could come back and help coach," The young girl suggests with hope in her voice

"That might be nice, yeah." Molly gushes with a laugh than making the young girl wrapped her arms around Molly taking her by surprise, "Oh, okay."

Pleasantries having been wished, Molly heads home as her day had ended at Atlas.