1; promises

Two years ago:

"Repeat after me" the eldest spoke, "I swear to not contact my soulmate". The others repeat back to her, "I swear to not contact my soulmate".

The eldest nods, "Till we are successful and happy." They repeat back, "Till we are successful and happy".

"Once we turn 18, we tell them not to contact us. And we put up a mind block till it's time." The eldest says, looking at everyone in the room. The others repeat the phrase back to her.

"With this contract, I sign and agree." The eldest finishes and signs the contract under her name, passing the pen to everyone in the room. Linking hands they all look at each other, and in utter synchrony say,

"As the Angels of the Safe Haven, we vow to honor and protect this agreement."

Present-day

BEEP BEEP BEEP, the blaring of my alarm clock waking me up from my ever pleasant dream. Reminding me that there is an outside world that needs my attention. And from looking at my phone, friends that need my attention as well. Sitting up in my bed I grab my phone and open Instagram, seeing multiple texts from my best friends. All wishing me happy birthday-wait it's my birthday! My 18th birthday to be exact, I listen for any thoughts coming into my mind. And I don't hear any at first, but then a groan of frustration comes into my mind.

(Italics are thoughts)

'I can't find the lyrics to this stupid song!' They are a songwriter? Or possibly a musician?

'Bub, what's wrong?' Another thought, a different person.

'I can't write the bridge to the new song, something isn't right.' Same one as earlier

'Take a break then, come eat with us. Please love, they miss you, we haven't seen you in days.' Oh my god, how many soulmates do I have? Well, it'll make what I have to do easier.

'Alright, I'll see you all soon.' The link cuts off, and I don't hear anything else.

I'm assuming that they don't know that they have another soulmate. I don't know if that is good or bad, yet. I take a glance at the time and get dressed, just before I head downstairs. I have school today, which is good because we need to talk. After taking a piece of toast and saying good morning to my family, I get into my car and head off to school.

Of course, as soon as I get there I see six familiar figures waiting by our spot, I shake my head and chuckle at them. My six best friends, the current loves of my life. I park my car and grab my bag. I get out and get bombarded by-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!" Chorused my friends, before tackling me to the ground. "Thank you girls," I answer back dusting myself off. Odette, the eldest, gets straight to the point.

"Have you done it yet?" She asks me, looking into my eyes. I sigh and look at her.

"No, not yet. I was waiting until I saw you all. I need a little more strength than just myself." I state looking at them.

"Well of course! That's why we are here!" Harlow, the bubbly youngest states, wrapping me in one of her signature tight hugs. I chuckle and thank her.

"How many?" Avalon, one of the middles, asks. "Honestly not sure, I know more than two," I answer as we start walking into school, eyeing people as we pass. The youngest three walk-off, knowing they can't listen to the next conversation.

"I'm sorry Bella but you know the rules, and being the middle you have to set an example for the younger," Ophelia states, looking at me with pity eyes. I nod, knowing what is expected of me.

"Did it hurt? Or does it hurt?" I ask the eldest three, for they have already done it. They eye each other, silently asking if they should tell me the truth or not.

"To be honest, yes. It hurts the most to hear them calling to you after you do it. And we still hear them every day. But it's a sacrifice we have to make." Maia tells me, holding my hand. I look at her, and at the other two as well. I know what I have to do, doesn't mean It hurts any less.

"I understand, we can bring them back," I say looking at the eldest three, whose texts the younger three to come back. While we wait I listen to my thoughts.

'My love your food was fantastic as always.' it seems like someone new.

'When isn't it? but thank you.' Another new person.

'Wanna come cuddle, I'm quite tired.'

'Of course, I'll be up soon.' The link then cuts off, I'd hate to ruin their cuddling. I hear the youngest coming back and just stare off into the distance.

"Are you ready Bella?" Annalise asks, her kind eyes looking down at me. I look up at her and smile. "As ready as I'll ever be Lise." They all look at me and nod. And before I begin I just look at these women, who I am sacrificing so much for. But know that one day everything will be perfect.

"I'll tell you how it goes once I'm done," I tell them before closing my eyes and starting a new thought.