24. Out of Town

+++++

+++++

Finally Magnolia could get away from Forks. She and Elton planned a short trip to Seattle and she knew when Elton pitched the idea, he was trying to take her mind off of what had been plaguing her mind for the last few days.

"Are you almost done, slowpoke?" Magnolia called to Elton from the front seat as he stuffed the final bag into her little trunk.

Elton laughed loudly. "It's not like this could've gone quicker with your help, Ms. Princess!" He slammed the trunk and made his way to the passenger seat. "Ready to go?" He smiled as he buckled up.

Magnolia nodded happily. "I can't wait to get out of this god-forsaken town." Turning the key, the car roared to life and she pulled out of the driveway. It was silent in the car, up until they finally left Forks.

A sudden wave of relief came over Magnolia and she sighed loudly, then laughed. "Damn, does it feel good to finally be gone!"

Elton stared at her for a moment, before laughing himself. "Fuck you, Forks!" He shouted, flipping off the town sign. Magnolia smiled as she gave him a large high five. Elton returned it with as much energy. "It's nice to see you smile." He quipped.

Magnolia suddenly became aware of the fact that she had the largest and stupidest smile on her face, but it still didn't go away. "What can I say?" She shrugged. "I'm happy."

Elton smiled genuinely at her. "Happy looks good on you," He sighed, turning to look out the window. "I hated seeing you so hurt."

"I wasn't...I wasn't hurt, Elton. Just pissed off," Magnolia growled, her grip tightening on the steering-wheel. Her knuckles began to turn white. "And that's why we're doing this, anyway. I hate seeing Bella every day, I hate the memory of them."

Elton nodded. "We both needed this. I'm glad Ariana and Tim agreed," Magnolia leaned forward and turned up the radio. The rest of the car ride consisted of terrible singing, uncontrollable laughter and snacks, lots and lots of snacks. "Thank god!" Elton exclaimed as they pulled up to the hotel in Seattle. "My butt hurts like a bitch!"

Magnolia laughed, turning off the ignition. "I'll get us check-in," She smiled, sliding out of the car. "Would ya mind getting our luggage?" Elton nodded, getting out as well. Magnolia trekked to the front desk, going over the details with the receptionist, finally getting the room keys.

Elton stood waiting in the lobby with their bags. He smiled as she approached. "All set?" He asked. Magnolia nodded. "Great! Let's not waste any more time!"

The two giggled up the elevator, excited to see the room. Magnolia counted the room numbers until they finally found theirs. "Room 346! Our home for the next three days," It took her about two tries with the keycard until the door opened with a click. She stepped in, breathing in the fresh hotel smell. "Ah, I love the smell of hotels."