20. Gone

+++++

+++++

A whole week went by and not one Cullen showed at school. Rumours started to spread around about where they could have all gone. Magnolia was worried. She got no word from Alice, Rosalie or even Carlisle on what was going on.

That Saturday morning was a slow one. Magnolia had slept in till noon; very unlike her. Both her mom and dad had taken Elton out for brunch. Her mom left a very sweet note on the kitchen counter, along with a tub of oatmeal made.

Magnolia ate sloppily on her couch as she watched the morning news, with nothing eventful going on, like always. A ring at the doorbell snapped her attention away from the t.v. "Coming!" She shouted, placing her food down and wiping the rouge oatmeal that was dripping down her chin.

Adjusting her sweater, she opened the door. "Alice! Oh my god, it's so good to see you," She hugged the vampire without a second thought. "How is everyone?"

Alice stood solemnly. "Magnolia...I hate to be the one to tell you this. May I come in?"

Magnolia nodded feverishly. "Yeah, of course," She sat across from Alice on the couch, watching nervously. "What is it you have to tell me, Alice?"

Alice sighed, looking away from Magnolia. "Maggie...I'm really not sure how to tell you this, but...we're leaving. Tonight."

The words didn't compute with Magnolia. She stared blankly at Alice, the words just spoke swimming through her mind. "Leaving?" She said slowly. "What do you mean leaving? Like leaving Forks?" Alice nodded sadly. Magnolia shook her head. "Only for a little, right? Like a little getaway for Jazz?"

Alice shook her head, sighing. "No, Maggie. We're leaving leaving. For good."

"Oh," Magnolia went numb. She couldn't shake the face of him from her mind. "Will Jasper be coming to say goodbye?"

If vampires could cry, Alice would be doing so right now. "Maggie...I'm so sorry but he's already left, along with Rosalie and Emmett. Carlisle and Esme are waiting for Edward. I just stayed to tell you the news."

"Get out," Magnolia stood up, moving away from Alice. "Get out of my house now."

Alice stood up, inching herself closer to Magnolia. "One last hug?"

Magnolia was shaking with anger. "Get out of my house, bloodsucker! Get out..." She trailed off, dropping to the floor, silent tears falling down her face. She listened as Alice's heels walked off, and finally, the door shut softly.