15. The Nomads

+++++

+++++

It was mesmerizing watching the Cullen's play. When Alice pitched, the ball was barely visible, and when Carlisle swung the bat, it was incredible how for the ball when and how fast Edward had to run to catch it. Jasper was up next. He swung his bat with ease, smirking in Magnolia's direction, making sure she was watching. She was, intensely. Jasper sent her a quick wink, before preparing to bat. She blushed as she chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Flirt." She muttered.

Jasper smiled.

There was a loud whoosh, followed by an ear-shattering bang as Jasper sent the ball flying. Immediately he starting running to the other bases but was out just as he got to home base when Emmett easily climbed a tree and caught the ball, sending it to Esme. "You're out," Bella spoke shyly. Jasper tipped his hat and leisurely walked back over to Magnolia.

"Impressed?" He asked as he took her hand, spinning her softly into his chest. He held her securely.

Magnolia giggled. "It's nothing I haven't seen before," Jasper huffed. "But if it helps your ego, I'm very impressed." She nuzzled her head into his chest.

Jasper laughed. "You always know how to keep me humble, darlin'."

Emmett gagged loudly. "Get a room!"
Magnolia swiftly flipped him off. "Rude." He scoffed and turned to continue the game.

Rosalie was up to bat again. She made baseball look elegant, effortlessly hitting the ball, running at speeds Magnolia could barely see. As she got to second, Alice froze. "Stop!" She called. The family immediately stopped whatever they were doing. The Cullen's knew something Magnolia and Bella didn't.

They all ran back over to the third base, Jasper never released Magnolia from his grip. She nervously looked over at Bella and became scared at the look of anger on Edwards' face. "They were leaving, then they heard us," Alice said hastily, her nervous tone didn't help ease Magnolia's nerves.

"Let's go." Edward took Bella's arm forcefully, trying to lead her to the Volvo.

"It's too late," Carlisle warned his son. Edward knew deep down that it was true. He growled, annoyed and angry.

Magnolia looked up at Jasper. "What's going on? Who's coming?"

Jasper shushed her softly, shaking his head. "It's okay. They won't smell you." His voice was steady, despite his family's nerves.

"Get your hair down," Edward told Bella. She quickly and hastily took her hat off, ruffling her hair in front of her face.

Rosalie glared, her nose flaring. "Like that'll help, I can smell her from across the field."