17. The Final Showdown

+++++

+++++

The ride to the airport seemed excruciatingly long. Bella's anxious look never left her face throughout the whole journey. Magnolia had trouble restraining herself from screaming at her to tell her what happened on the phone with Renée.

They had left the car in one of the many parking garages, and headed inside. They moved through security with ease, the four of them silent as they did. Magnolia could see the nervous glances Jasper was giving her, though she was sure he wasn't trying to be subtle about them.

"Um, I have to go to the washroom. Can you walk me there, Jasper?" Bella seemed calmer and collected than she had been moments before.

Magnolia tilted her head in confusion. Why Jasper? Why not her or Alice? "I can go with you Bells. I need to use the washroom anyway."

Bella's eyes widened for only a moment. "No!" She coughed. "I mean...I just don't want to feel scared again."

Jasper and Alice shared a look before Jasper nodded. "Sure, but make it quick." The two walked off into the busy airport crowds.

"Coffee?" Alice asked Magnolia, pointing in the direction of the closet Starbucks. Magnolia nodded. They both waited in the extremely long line, and once Magnolia had finally gotten her coffee, Jasper rushed up to them at human speed. Bella wasn't with him.

"Jasper? Where the hell is Bella?" Magnolia questioned her mate, a pit forming in her stomach.

"I-" Jasper faltered for a second. "I don't know. She was taking long, so I checked quickly, and I couldn't smell her or hear her. She's gone." He was sorry, Magnolia could tell from the puppy-dog eyes he was giving her.

Alice groaned. "I'll look for her. Let me sit."

They took one of the tables at Starbucks, and Alice began scanning the future for Bella. Magnolia watched Alice impatiently, receiving no information on Bella's whereabouts from her blank expression. She felt a cold hand be placed on her arm, snapping her head in the direction of Jasper.

"Be patient, darlin'," His tone was reassuring, but then the thought that he so idiotically lost Bella caused a sudden surge of anger in Magnolia. She ripped her arm out of his grip and grabbed hold of her coffee. "I'm sorry." He mumbled quietly, before turning his attention back on his sister.

Finally, Alice snapped out of her vision. "Oh no," That was not a good sign. "We have to go. Now. Edward, Carlisle and Emmett just parked. We'll meet them." Her and Jasper each took one of Magnolia's arms, and rushed as fast as humanly possible out of the airport.