Chapter Fifty Nine

Start from the beginning

Riley takes a seat on the other smaller couch, lying down on it and she pats her stomach to me. I lay down on the other side, putting my legs on her stomach. It's how we always sit. I know I'm the tallest and I should get the longest couch, but Sophie is the 'oldest', so she's the one 'who gets the biggest couch'. I warned her before that it's my house and I can easily kick her out and she complained to mum. Mum smacked me with her wooden spoon and proceeded to tell me how Sophie is a 'guest' and 'guests shouldn't be treated like that'.

She's my best friend anyways, it's not like it matters.

"I'm not gonna be a stripper without you, of course. You're the flexible one out of all of us, so you'll get me the job," Riley tells Sophie.

"Exactly."

"How are things with Luke?" Riley taps my leg.

I immediately smile at the thought of him. "It's going okay. He's leaving in a couple of weeks for college. In Italy."

"But, you're going to Australia," she frowns.

"Yeah, long-distance relationship," I explain shortly.

"No way," her eyes widen. "You're going to do a long-distance relationship? You hate long-distance relationships."

"I know, but I'm willing to try for me and Luke. I can't just let him go like that," I shrug.

"Anna, you despise long-distances. Remember what happened with Anne and your dad? You hated long-distance because of what happened between them."

"Yes, I know that, but mum and dad managed to fix up what happened between them and I think Luke and I could make it work," I say confidently.

"Wow," Riley stares at me with shock. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're in love with the guy."

"Yeah, no shit," Colette snorts and Sophie nods her head in agreement.

I stay quiet because for some reason, declining that feels weird. "Maybe," I answer.

"Aw," Riley puts her hand on her chest. "I'm so happy for you, Anna. Luke is an amazing guy and you deserve the absolute best. Actually I now just remembered that Sophie was threatening him an hour ago."

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"Okay, yes, we threatened him-" Sophie starts.

"No, no," Colette disagrees. "You threatened him, we watched."

"Fine, yes, I threatened him but only because we wanted to spend time with you and he has been coming here after school everyday, so we had to tell him to give us some 'girls time'. Besides, it's not like I threatened to kill him," Sophie says.

"What did you threaten him with then?" I question.

"Running him over with my Lamborghini so I could kill him expensively," she replies.

I laugh. "You don't have a Lamborghini."

"Not yet, maybe," she differs. "But he actually took it very well and he laughed, telling us that we could have just asked him and he would have totally agreed...which now proves to me that he's a very good guy and I approve of your relationship."