Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

We're Going To Be Good Friends.

Anna

"Hey, honey," I hear Mum saying and I put the book down to find mum standing at my door with a brown bag in her hand.

Food? New laptop? New phone? A dolphin? A boyfriend?

Wait, no.

I don't want a boyfriend now.

"Hey, Mum," I greet her back. "What you got there?" I nod to the bag.

"It's just a dress I found in the store and I thought it would look amazing on you tonight," she replies, walking over to my bed and placing the bag on it.

I put the book down and I move to the end of the bed, peeking inside the brown bag. I find a red laced fabric and I get the dress out to take a look at it.

"It's so beautiful," I stare at the red dress in my hands with awe.

"I knew you would like it," she smiles at me.

"Thanks, Mum," I put the dress down and wrap my arms around her, hugging her and she hugs me back.

"Anytime, honey," she says, then she pulls away from me.

"By the way, don't tell Cameron I bought you a new dress, he wanted a pair of new shoes a few days ago and I told him that I don't have money," she tells me in a low voice.

I chuckle, "Don't worry, Mum. Your secret's safe with me," I assure her.

"Okay," she nods. "Thanks, honey," she pats my shoulder before walking out of the room.

I swing my legs out of the bed and place the dress on the back of the chair, so it doesn't get wrinkled or anything, then I get back in bed and continue reading my book.

Then I pause again, suddenly remembering Jennie and mum. I can manage mum so that's not too hard, but handling Jennie will be like walking away from the edge of the roof and still falling off.

That probably doesn't even make sense.

I know for a fact that Jennie will be all over Luke the entire time and from the looks of it, Luke doesn't really like her anymore.

Jennie isn't really the clingy kind though, so maybe she'll just ignore Luke and sit on her phone the entire time, while still annoying me.

I'll just assume that for now.

I pick my book up again and continue reading it for the next two hours or so, until I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

The door opens slowly and dramatically, may I add and a head with black curls pokes inside. I squeal, jumping off of the bed and she squeals back.

"Avianna!" I scream.

"Anna!" My cousin screams back and she grabs me in a tight hug and I hug her back.

"I missed you so much!" I exclaim once we pull away.

"I missed you so much too," she smiles.

"You look amazing," I tell her, gesturing to her outfit.

She is wearing a white skater dress with a halter neckline that hugs her upper part perfectly and flows down, it's end reaching her knees and a pair of white stiletto heels in her feet.