Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

These Dumb Feelings.

Anna

Thursday, 2nd of January, 9:00 AM

I'm confused.

And no, it's not about my existence or my life or this messed up world or how every Marvel superhero is so good looking.

I'm confused about my feelings, not towards Alex or any K-POP band member or any 5SOS member. I'm confused about my feelings towards Luke. Shocking, I know. Just thirteen days ago, I was talking about how I check Alex out.

Now, his best friend got me puzzled about how I feel.

It's kind of odd how things took such a 180 turn. I was convincing the girls and my family that he's just a friend and now I'm trying to convince myself that he's just a friend, but I can't ignore these feelings.

So, I decided to ask the girls about it. They're better at figuring out this romance crap than I do. Even though they do it by the stupidest way ever.

I honestly don't know why I started thinking about the fact that I might like Luke. It's just by the way that everything has been going lately, I couldn't help but feel like I like him.

It would explain the stupid sparks that explode in my body whenever I touch him.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that my friends can help me with these dumb things because I'm getting tired of my hormonal self.

"Miss Falls, answer the following question. A star appears to shift back and forth over the year through an angle of 0.03". How far away is the star in parsecs and light-years?" Mr. Brown's voice booms through the class room.

"Since the angle is equal to 0.03" that means that the change in apparent position stated to be 0.03 are seconds. The observed star's parallax is equal to half the angle as we know and it will be in seconds as well because the angle was given in seconds as stated earlier. Anyways, the observed star's parallax will turn out to be to equal to 0.015"," I scribble down the calculations, not looking up from the notebook once.

"Now we will assume that the parallax is from Earth, so the distance to the star being observed will be equal to one divided 0.015". The distance will be equal to 66.7 in parsecs and since the distance is needed in light-year as well, we will multiply 66.7 by 3.26 and the distance will be equal to 217 in light-year, so the star is 66.7 parsecs or 217 light-year away." I look up from my notebook finally and lean back in my seat. "The star is almost as far as the red dwarf star, only a difference of seventeen light-years away."

Every person in class stares at me with a flabbergasted, a confused or a dumbfounded look on their face.

Once upon a time, a seventeen-year-old girl was just like that, only in every other subject besides Astrophysics, English and History.

"Miss Falls, all your calculations are right," Mr. Brown utters in disbelief. "Marvelous job!"

"Thank you, Mr. Brown," I grin proudly.

"Please see me after class," he requests and I nod.

"Mr. Carter," he calls out and I turn my head to look at Luke.