Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six

Call of Nature.

Anna

Clothes? Check.
Underwear? Check.
Phone charger? Check.
Swimsuit? Check.
Toiletries? Check.
Cosmetic products? Check.
Toothbrush and hairbrush? Check.
A book that I'll probably not read? Check.
Notebook??

I sigh and put the list and the pen down before I continue searching for my notebook. I don't know where it went. I remember writing in it yesterday, so I don't know how it suddenly disappeared.

Hearing a knock on the door, I turn my head around from looking under my desk, in case it fell when I wasn't looking and I find mum standing by the open door, smiling at me. "Hey, honey."

"Hey, mum." I stand up and give her a small smile.

"You're all packed for the trip?" She leans on the door, crossing her arms.

"Yeah. I just can't find my notebook. Have you seen it anywhere lately?" I look under the mountain of textbooks on my desk.

"No," she responds. "Where did you last see it?"

"That's the thing. I don't remember." I run my hands through my hair frustratingly.

"It's okay. Maybe it fell under your bed again," mum assures me. "Did you check your backpack?"

"No, I don't even-" I pause and press my lips in a thin line when I remember where my backpack is.

"I forgot it at Luke's house," I realize.

"Luke's house?" Mum asks in confusion and there's hint of playfulness in her voice.

"I must have been so caught up that I forgot to get it," I sigh.

"Wait, what were you doing at Luke's?" Mum asks.

I immediately understand what she means and I widen my eyes at her. "No! Not like that! We-"

"We? That's a good start." My mother sits on my bed, raising her eyebrow in amusement.

"No, mum. We just went to the aquarium yesterday and I left my backpack in his room," I explain. "He said it has been awhile since we really hung out, so we went to the pier then he gave me a ride home, but I was too caught up that I forgot about the backpack."

"At least you know it's at a safe place now," mum says.

"Yeah," I reply in relief.

"Anything happened at Luke's house or the aquarium?" She grins at me.

"No, mum," I give her a dry look. "Except for meeting Luke's dog and Clara being pregnant; nothing happened," I respond.

"Clara is pregnant?" She asks in shock.

"Yeah. For a month now," I tell her, closing the flap of the suitcase and zipping up the bag.

"I will have to call her later then," mum says, then she stands up before she walks over to me. "Be careful and make sure you stick close by your brother or your friends or Abby. I don't want you wandering off like you always do."

"Mum, you're making me seem as if I'm still a little girl," I joke, smiling.

"You are a little girl. You are my little girl. I have to keep you safe." She hugs me tightly.

"Don't worry, mum. I'll be okay," I reply reassuringly, hugging her back and tightening my arms around her.

My phone buzzes in my jean pockets and I pull away from mum to get it out, then I turn it on and see a new message from Sophie.