Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

I Thought I Did.

Anna

"Zach, leave my crisps alone," Colette orders him.

"I just want one," he whines.

"No," she states.

"One."

"No."

"Soph?" He turns to her, pouting.

"I'm not giving you anything," Sophie refuses.

"Ri?" He then turns to Riley.

"Try Anna. She's the kind one," she nods towards me.

"Will you give me one, Leni?" Zach juts his lower lip out.

"Yeah sure," I hand him the bag and he grins, snatching the bag from me and taking more than one, but I didn't care how many he took.

"Yow da best," he muffles out and I smile at him.

"You okay, Lyn?" Alex asks and I nod my head with the smile still on my face.

"She's not," Sophie disagrees.

"You're still upset about the Luke thing, aren't you?" He questions.

"A bit, but it's mostly about what happened with Jennie yesterday," I answer, fiddling with my earphones.

"What happened with Jennie?" Riley furrows her eyebrows.

"She knows about Anastasia and my panic disorder and she said that I shouldn't get advice from my family because 'Asians are stupid' and that I should get a therapist instead," I recall yesterday's conversation, doing air quotes at Jennie's statement.

"That bitch," Sophie mutters.

"Who's Anastasia?" Zach asks in confusion.

"My twin sister. She passed away when we were ten," I explain to Zach.

"I'm so sorry, Leni," Zach says sheepishly.

"It's okay," I assure him, smiling.

"Wait, so she talked shit about your family and stole Luke from you? Wow, she really is a bitch," Alex comments.

"She didn't steal Luke from me," I differ. "It's not like he is mine or anything."

"But he is," Sophie tilts her head to the side.

"No, he is not."

"And what proves that?" She insists.

"He is literally dating another girl," I tell her.

"Who stole him from you," she pokes the table, trying to prove her point.

"No, she didn't. Luke can date whoever he wants to date. I don't have control over him," I say. "Now can we please drop this?"

"Yeah sure. I'm just training to be a debater," Sophie shrugs and I blink at her.

"Nice," Alex high fives Sophie.

"I don't know what the bloody hell does he see in her anyways," Colette rolls her eyes.

"She's racist, a total bitch and she wears Hollister. Who wears Hollister anymore?" Riley exclaims.

"My grandmother does," Zach replies. "And my friend's dog."

"Who?" Alex frowns in confusion.

"I meant Jennie, dumbass," Zach responds and Sophie snickers.