Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Fifty Six

'Happy Birthday, Luke!'

Anna

"Should I wrap it in green or colorful? I was thinking about green since it's his favourite color but colorful is more fitting for a birthday present, so which one should I choose? Since you obviously have more experience in colors than I do."

Molly stares at me for awhile before she lies on the floor and turns to lay on her back, then she stretches her paws out towards the green wrapping.

"That's what I thought as well. You're so smart," I kiss her head, then I start cutting the wrapping according to the size of box.

"Do you think he will like it? Like he said that he really needed it, but at the same time, I was thinking if he needs something more important or more useful. I know that he wants it, but I'm scared he won't like it because he doesn't need it that much," I rant to Molly as I wrap the gift.

She stands up again on all of her fours and she gives me that cute doggie smile of hers.

"You're right, he will like it," I put the last piece of tape on the box, then I look at Molly. "Should I give it to him at school or at his birthday party?"

She barks in response happily and I just know that she meant at the party.

"Yup, you're right. Thanks, baby, I love you," I coo and bend down to give her head another kiss and she licks me back.

My phone buzzes and I check it to see that it's a text from Soph telling me that her and Colette are outside. I text her back to tell her that I will be out in a couple of minutes, then I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

"Bye, Molly," I wave at her as I look at her over my shoulder, walking out of the room and she barks.

I head downstairs and say my goodbyes to mum and the guys.

"Bye, honey!" Mum replies. "Don't forget to close the door properly!" She snaps at me and I wince at her screaming voice.

"I will, I will," I mumble.

I might have this dumb action of mine where I forget to fully close the door, but it happened a couple of times before. It's not like we almost got robbed everytime I left the house. We almost got robbed once and the guy was just a rookie obviously since he saw me returning and all he did, is freak out and run away from the house.

I kind of felt bad for him because he was just trying to rob a house for the first time and he couldn't do it, but he didn't have to worry, a lot of people didn't give a crap about locking the door in this neigbourhood so it won't take him long before he finds another unlocked house.

"Good morning," I greet the girls, smiling.

"Hey, bitch!" Sophie smiles back and hugs me. "You look gorgeous, as usual."

Sophie has this thing of hers where she has to compliment us when she sees us. It's really nice of her, because her compliments always make my day. I mean, Sophie is quite a stunning person and getting that kind of compliment from her is uplifting.

"Thanks, Sophie," I smile at her. "You look beautiful too!"

"How are you guys doing?" I ask them as we start heading to school.

"Like shit, I want to sleep," Sophie admits.

"Pretty good actually," Lottie says.

Sophie and I freeze in our places and look at Lottie in shock.