Chapter 38: Compromise

-edited (minor typos)

Third Person's POV

"I'm gonna go ahead first." Jisoo stood up and bid goodbye to Jennie and Rosé

She's leaving for work early... again. Rosé thought inwardly, getting more upset. Why doesn't Jisoo want to tell them what's going on? She can feel that something serious is happening but they're being left alone in the dark.

"Wait, Jisoo unnie..." Rosé reached for Jisoo's hand before she could leave

Jisoo glanced back at Rosé, her phone on her hand was ringing again, "Rosé if you have concerns please just message me, I really have to get going now." Taehyung and I need to compile the evidences today. she thought.

These past few days, Jisoo and Taehyung have been gathering evidences against Hee Seonmi, Jisoo was working on the evidence about the poisoning and the miscarriage pills, but Taehyung found a lot more than that, this woman, she's been pocketing money from their family business for how many years already, even running illegal trades.

"Jisoo Unnie, how long are you gonna keep us in the dark? I know something is going on." Rosé suddenly snapped, Jennie glanced at the two silently.

"Chaeyoung.. It's best if you know less, you have your own problems to deal with." Jisoo answered, her lips pursed.

"So this is what we've come to? Solving problems on our own? Hiding things from each other?" Rosé retorted mockingly, obviously disappointed.

"Rosé... Jisoo has a reason for doing this.. Please just don't start a fight and make matters worse." Jennie suddenly intercepted

Rosé looked at Jennie, silently mulling over something.. "You sound as if you know what Jisoo has been up to... or do you really know?"

Jennie couldn't respond.. how could she say yes? Given Rosé's personality, she's someone who hates being kept in the dark the most, she would certainly be upset.

Rosé didn't miss the guilt flickering over Jennie's eyes. "So I've really been kept in the dark. Me and Lisa.." Rosé said, chuckling to herself

Jennie had no idea how to ease the tension.. "Rosé..."

"-Rosé," Jisoo sighed, cutting Jennie off, she sat back down and looked at both of them sternly.

"It appears I can't hide things any longer. The truth is, I've been busy gathering evidence against Aunt Hee." Jisoo then proceeded to explain everything in detail, the more Rosé listened, the more repulsed she felt against Hee Seonmi.

"I really wanna slap that bitch to death! How could she!!" Rosé impulsively slammed on Jisoo's glass desk, evidently infuriated.

"Chaeyoung calm down." Jennie held Rosé and grasped her hands lightly, her eyes not missing the small crack on Jisoo's work desk. She worriedly glanced at Rosé's hand, thankfully she's not injured.

"Ah.." Jisoo put her hand on her forehead briefly before continuing "This is why I don't want you and Lisa to know. Especially you Rosé. Lisa is still taking care of her mother back in Thailand so I don't wanna burden her further. Meanwhile, you're too impulsive. I'm afraid you might hurt yourself trying to defend me."

"Mianhae, Jisoo Unnie." Rosé realized her short outburst earlier. She was always temperamental and hot-headed, especially when it comes to her loved ones. "I shouldn't have been impulsive." she sighed, wanting to hit herself in the head. How can she still throw a misfit during this time? But seriously, it's not entirely her fualt that Hee Seonmi's actions are truly too infuriating.